The Lord Milner
US$281
US$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$160
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$113
Agoda.com
All reviewsvictoria stationfour poster bedgarden suiteebury streetempire roomrose roomcity roomsunset roomgreat locationsmall hotelgatwick expressbreakfast is servedb and blady on receptionsloane squarequiet streetgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

As with others, it's a very small facility with either a tiny room or a very big room. I guess they have about 10 rooms in all. The temperature in the room could have been better. It was comfortable for the single night stay but I did have the entire width of the property for my room. They have a strange arrangement for breakfast, as they have no dining room you order and they deliver to your room. Not worth the money, go around the corner and get some yourself in one of the many breakfasts joints. If you are staying for location then I do recommend but get a deluxe room, worth the extra space.

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe Room, worth the money for the space.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CasaMurguia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The (self-advertised?) 5* rating might be a bit farfetched, as there seems to be a minimum of staff (we met the receptionist, that's it) and lack of facilities, e.g. bar or minibar (there is a fridge with water, though) or luggage storage room - the small "lobby" started to get filled with luggage of guests that checked out already.
Our Club room, located in the lower floor, was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Obviously it recently received some paint, as we still could smell.
Nevertheless, great price/value and just ideal if you do not want to stick with the usual hotel chains, yet value a decent room. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Pretty much as above in the tag-line. The Lord Milner is beautifully decorated, but so small. It felt relatively suffocating as far as I was concerned. Although it had a great location I think we would have been better off spending our money elsewhere. We didn't bother with breakfast; we'd already spent far too much on the room for one night, and I'm glad we didn't judging by the reviews below.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hl349
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed in the Lady Milner room for two nights on a solo work trip to London. I would have given it an "average" rating but for some significant (but fixable) issues with my stay.

On the plus side:

The hotel itself is well-kept and has friendly service. Also the hotel is conveniently located on a pleasant small street. The Lady Milner room is quaintly decorated in an antique fashion, but with a modern bathroom that was spotlessly clean.

On the down side:

-- If someone is staying upstairs from the room, footsteps and plumbing are clearly audible;
-- The double bed is two small beds pushed together. I know this is normal for European hotels, but I still find it uncomfortable and worth mentioning;
-- The internet service did not work. The codes I was given did not even correspond to available networks, and the house network was barely functional;
-- The shower drainage barely worked, meaning I was standing in ankle-deep water within a few minutes.

Since a decent shower and internet service are pretty high priorities for me, I had to give the hotel a "poor" rating. But the internet and shower issues are fixable. My co-workers who have stayed in the area have also mentioned the Lime Tree Inn and The Orange Public House -- having not stayed at either (yet) I can't rate them, but you may want to consider those as options as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank mikelovesutah
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I really liked this hotel and will use it from now on whenever I'm in London. The location is great if you want to access the upmarket shopping of Belgravia and Knightsbridge. I felt very comfortable there as a lady travelling alone and there are several really nice little wine bars and bistros close by where one can eat. The room wasn't huge but was perfectly adequate for a short stay - I was in Plum. It had a queen sized bed and was pleasantly decorated. Being at the back of the property, it was quiet too. The bathroom was small but it had a bath/shower and was spotlessly clean, with nice quality toiletries. Can't remember if there was a fluffy bathrobe or not! I didn't have breakfast (which is delivered to your room cos there's no dining room) but I noticed that it has won awards so I will try it another time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business