I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to both Victoria Train Station and Bus Terminal.... Also I liked the area very much having walked through here many times during a stay at the Grosvenor.
Following a dawn arrival at the bus terminal, I walked a few hundred yards and was there.... wonderful!, and even more wonderful.... my room was actually available....at 7am. All boded well. From memory, I had the Sunset room, on ground floor more or less behind the Reception/Entry. Angle of the room door was such that suitcase had to be manoeuvred in with myself , room size was ok, (I am....not tall! and on my own), a well made queen bed, (seemed larger than a double); and bathroom was fine, nicely tiled and shiny. Not sure why the room was titled 'Sunset', the decor was pleasant but neutral.
1. Hot water for the bath was not forth coming, it required timing, in reference to time in evening and hearing when upstairs guests were running water.
2. the noise from upstairs guests and water/toilets.
3. there was some sort of either heating or air conditioning or mechanical whatever machinery that was obviously on cycle would start up and clunk, whir, hum and at a point in maximum function.....fever pitch, the room would vibrate briefly....how often would this happen you ask ? every few hours, day and night. This was located outside in backyard of building very near to 'Sunset' room external wall......felt as though it was attached to the wall !!!
4. There was a bulkhead for downstairs internal staircase, at the bed end of the room upon which sat the TV and Tea tray. This shelf? bench? was very deep, there was a power point in the wall behind, I am somewhat vertically challenged, I had to open the wardrobe door (along side), stand on the bottom frame of wardrobe to give height therefore increase my reach to plug in the kettle with tips of fingers. I do not recall other suitable, accessible power points.
The road is nice and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, the tea tray refilled along with chocolates every morning, which was appreciated. The room was comfortable......the weather during my stay of 4 nights was mild. I have noted 'sleep quality' as very good...... because the bed was very comfortable.....and I walked MANY miles and was zonked by the end of the day......and slept..... though the machinery was in action prior to lights out, roused me during the night and whirred away in the early (7 amish) morning.
Would I stay here again.......No. There is another Hotel just down the road I would book in advance to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new boutique bed and breakfast offers discreet elegance and sophistication, situated in the heart of London's central and fashionable Belgravia area. Relax amid rich, individually styled furnishings; stylish marble en suite bathrooms a variety of amenities designed to enhance the convenience and comfort of your stay. Free broadband internet access in every room. The Lord Milner is an ideal base for both business and leisure guests, while many of London's most popular destinations are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Lord Milner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Milner Hotel London
- Lord Milner London