The Gallery Hotel
US$136
US$112
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$94
US$139
US$133
US$226
US$189
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$101
Agoda.com
US$208
US$186
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have just booked for a second stay here. It's location - 3 minutes walk to South Kensington tube, on a relatively quiet road between Cromwell Road and Harrington Gardens, with taxis easily flagged down on either, the Natural History Museum etc within 100 yards, and plenty of places to eat nearby - is perfect for me.

It's interior won't be to everyone's taste - full-on William Morris/Arts and Crafts - but I loved it. It has character which is so lacking in so many hotels these days. Service was a little slow and there was the occasional Fawlty Towers moment. But it was clean and felt warm, welcoming, homely and timeless. Breakfast was pleasant and more than adequate. A lovely retreat from all the bustle of London.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was put at the top overlooking a quiet mews round the back - no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location was excellent for us as we wanted to visit the Science Museum, The Natural History Museum and the A&A. The staff were friendly and efficient and the room was clean.

On the negative side the room was small and far too hot. As a result we slept with the window open (in January) but this meant we were woken early by street noise. We booked to stay bed and breakfast but it turned out that if you wanted the full English breakfast a supplement of £5 was required. We had not realised this.

However the price, through Asda Travel, was very reasonable and for a short stay we were happy. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I fully endorse the experience expressed by Pancakes 25. The breakfast staff were hardly to be seen, and did not check on guests arriving. On the two mornings I was there I had to call attention to my requirement for Tea & Toast by seeking out the waiter in the kitchen. A repeat order for extra toast was overlooked...'I asked my colleague to do it as I was doing something else!' The rest of the staff were fine, but the hotel decor is very worn and "tired"

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2012

have now stayed here 3 or 4 times. 1st time, staff good, room good, good value for money as there was a deal on laterooms around £80.
The last time I stayed - 1st Nov - had to pay £120 per room per night, and I have to say this time felt that the room was not worth that amount.
my room was small, but hey.... was only sleeping there. the shower was pants! No water pressure etc, and the bathroom in general was a little shabby.
staff were still excellent though.
I have to say I would now think twice about staying. as I say, at around £80 per night.... is good value for the location. At over £100.....uuummmm...... not so sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonnyoftheboy
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Booked through Late Rooms for 80 pounds which is great value. Very quiet but convenient location. Decoration slightly dated perhaps but immaculately clean and charming staff. Wold definitely stay there again at that price

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business