All reviews north circular road alexandra palace kosher breakfast finchley central golders green tube station busy junction brent cross northern line bus stop right decent breakfast hot breakfast free wifi pleasant stay shower room stayed for one night motorway wembley
Reviewed October 23, 2015

It is a bit expensive for this far out of town but we stayed here to be close to relatives and the buses are very convenient. Most of the staff were exceptional except for one male on the front desk who was almost rude. The breakfast was very good & Beverley was great. Free wifi was okay but the male concierge refused to give us an extra code. The lovely girls fixed this for us the next morning. A good place to stay in this area.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2015

Dear NoalaP,

Thank you for submitting your review. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the your not very good interaction with our staff at the front office. I am pleased to note that the issues you encountered were rectified. Please accept my sincere apologies for the areas that we may have fallen short. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for your next visit.

I value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Very busy hotel, but good helpful staff. The room was a little basic, but way above bog standard like the Travelodge. Unfortunately for me there are only showers, no baths, but they are very good showers so no complaints really. I just like to soak in a bath. The bed in our room 104, was very hard, and for us uncomfortable. We were part of a large group staying who attended a function at The Avenue suite attached to the hotel, and we seemed to be unlucky as everyone else said their bed was ok. The room was very clean, and generally pleasant.
Breakfast was included, which is rare, and there was quite a good selection for the price. Also sealed Kosher breakfasts were available which were very good, cheeses, rolls and cake, jam and butter.
All in all a good choice for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Laurent W, Sales and Reservations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Dear Musicmaam2000,

We strive to give great and impressive service to all our guests and it makes us happy to read your comment. We would like to inform you that the hotel will carrying refurbishment in 2016 and bed and mattress are our priority. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Holiday Inn Express London Golders Green. Once again thank you for your kind word of praise.

Kind Regards,

Laurent W

Reviewed October 6, 2015 via mobile

This is a nice clean place with a decent breakfast and friendly staff particularly at the breakfast area. What lost this 2 stars was, on the travel down to the hotel from Edinburgh I received a voicemail advising we had given an "invalid" credit card and we were to contact them ASAP. Luckily we were on a train so I could make a phone call. On calling them they advised the card was invalid (it wasn't, we had booked in January and the exp date on the card had expired - surely this must be a common problem for people booking well in advance). I advised them that we would be at the hotel in a few hours and would sort it on arrival. They rejected this and said they would give our rooms away at 4pm. Since we had booked in Jan, the holiday inn had a long time to sort this. It made our journey a stressful one, particularly when we were travelling with a sick relative. We were further conned on a taxi booked through the hotel to Wembley which after an online check I found it would be about a £10 taxi. The holiday inn booked us one for £17, and they applied a fear factor by advising we wouldn't get a cab on the street.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear William I,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. It is disheartening to see you had some issues with your reservation and that the service from our staff was unacceptable. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 5, 2015 via mobile

Good base if needing ready access to Central London or indeed any point around the North Circular road or indeed, the M25!
Comfortable bedrooms as standard and free wifi and car parking throughout your stay!

I've been here for 2 nights and the friendly staff and good facilities will mean I will be here again soon!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2015

A super stay, conveniently located, a short walk to the old town. Great staff and a nice bar area. rooms modern and huge with everything you might need including frdige and coffee making equipment and microwave.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo