“Needs cleaning and repair”

Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North
Ranked #655 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I have stayed here a few times with my job, but this time felt that the place had gone downhill. Room, - it was smelly, - I think strong smell of foot odour from the carpet which was worn and tatty. The TV only has one watchable channel - BBC, - come on guys you can do better than this, the room rate is not cheap but to have a really old TV in it which you cannot get a good signal and sound on is not good enough these days. The bathroom toilet smelt of urine, and the white plastics had yellowed with age. Staff, as always friendly and helpful, - but to have just one on duty to deal with the reception and the bar through an evening is not god enough.

Room Tip: This is on a busy road
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Ian916,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted and forwarded your comments about that the smell and cleanliness of the room for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that our staff was friendly.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
IHGService

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I'm fairly open minded when it comes to visiting hotels I never complain but oh my god .
First impressions rooms cleanliness check in sleep facilities great can't mark them down.
But then it come to our party freshening up & coming down for a bite to eat there was one women manning the whole of the reception the restaurant was full & her & the chef were the only members of staff in the entire place on a Saturday night.
We want to bar for 3 drinks 45 minutes waiting to get served another 10 min waiting for the drinks.
All the food that was ordered she said she was putting on the room bill but we had already paid and she never added anything to the system so I bet all the food orders must have been £200 wasn't paid she never added onto system & most of party I was with had already checked out.
But the morning after there was 5 staff & no work.
Seriously would not recommend more staff needed & serious customer service training required.
Also I forget to mention once food was ordered it took them another hour to bring the food.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi lollylou1980,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express London Golders Green (A406) UK and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with your dining experience and level of service received. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements and retraining in customer service.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
IHG Service

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Visited the hotel for two nights, where all the staff are helpful and friendly. Just to mention a few names but not limited to: Donotre, Beverley, Jonolenke and Nishant thank you and keep up the good work :)

Bhavesh

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Nirmala L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear bhavesh1980,

We would like to thank you for your beautiful 4 star review. Your kind words of appreciation to our team is motivating us to move forward with excellent customer service in future.

Once again thank you very much for your short and sweet review.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 12 July 2017

clean hotel , basic breakfast , you will have to use buses to reach tube or use the bus ,
the hotel service is fine ,there is parking space, the hotel is in good location for hendon brent cross golders green as well as for those as business in north London or using luton airport. the tv system needs an urgent upgrade the wi fi needs to be strengthen.

Room Tip: upper floors back side
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Nirmala L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear 43sharon43,

Thank you for your comprehensive review regarding your stay with us. It is great to know that you found our hotel clean & location convenient for your travel. The points have been noted in regards to TV & Wi-Fi and will be passed to higher management team for review.

Once again, thank you very much for review.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

As a regular and loyal guest at this hotel for last 10 years and after r years of moaning they have changed the beds at last. What a great nights sleep - just to put up proper black out curtains and it will be perfect.
Now just the Tv's and carpets

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Adrian S,

Thank you for your beautiful 5 star review. It is great to see you happy with the new beds. Please note TV will be changed soon, I will pass your concern about the carpet to my management team for the review.

Once again, thank you so much for being our loyal guest. We look forward to have your continuous loyalty in future.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

we have been forced to use this hotel on a few occasions for work, everything its a night mare.
staff are rude, and just dont care.As i have a Scottish accent it seems its my fault they struggle to understand me, it helps if they actually listen to you instead of tapping on a computer.
i actually hate all dealing with hotel. the prices they quote are very different than prices in line.
safe to say house keeping does not look under the beds on a daily basis.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear roadrunnersrus,

Thank you for your candid review regarding your stay with us. We are sorry our service did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured we take all feedback seriously as it helps us to rectify those areas which needs improving.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I had the misfortune to stay here for one night. When I arrived they put me in a room where the TV did not work properly. When I complained they told me there was a problem with the arial and even if they moved me it would not help. The room was tired the bed was very hard and it was noisy.
There was also mould in the shower.
However I was really angry when I was waiting for a taxi in the morning a non guest who was a decent looking business Person came in to ask to use the toilet. He was clearly in need but the staff denied him until I told them it was inhuman to deny someone the right to use the toilet. How would they feel? He went ahead and found the toilet but they were not happy. Ok I get the fact that there is a lot of unrest in the world but please how unfeeling and inhuman can one be?
I most certainly will not be asking to stay here again and have made a formal complaint to where I work, informing them about staff attitude and poor facilities. I am very disappointed as I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Birmingham Airpot and that was amazing!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear nursetutor,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please allow me to apologize for the experience you had with the condition of the room you received. I am also sorry for the unexpected response you noticed from our staff which did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M