All reviews north circular road alexandra palace kosher breakfast finchley central golders green tube station busy junction brent cross northern line bus stop right decent breakfast hot breakfast free wifi pleasant stay shower room stayed for one night motorway wembley
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

1 night cost me just over £200. At that price, hotel should have something going for it other than just being a place to sleep.
It doesn't .

I tried to get something to eat in the evening but gave up waiting for someone to show up at the bar, where orders are placed.

Room was very low quality. Carpet stank. Air con did not work. Sofa was laughable. Bed was hard. Aircon was loud but ineffective.

Breakfast was unimaginative. Tiny pastries and choice of three cheap cerals. Orange juice was not in fact juice - it seemed to be coloured water.

Hotel is a 15 minute walk from the tube station.

The hotel should be priced at £60 per night. Price is way too high for cheap quality hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Hi ExplorerLog,

We welcome your thoughts, thanks for your recent overnight. While it's nice you noted that we are close to the tube station, I'm sorry to hear that you were letdown by our room's upkeep and breakfast choices. The inconvenience these caused and our staff's service level are not what we expected nor the impression we'd want to leave our guests. Your candid review is shared with the management to help improve and ensure that what we offer are on par.

I appreciate you letting us know about what you think. I genuinely hope we get to welcome you back for a chance to make your next stay better than the previous.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Hotel is convenient. Room is ok but a bit disproportionate, Very little room between the wall and my side of the bed. Beds are hard. Air conditioning was not working on one of the hottest days of the year. I got the feeling that they were aware of it when we booked in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Hi danielP3160TW,

Thanks for your overnight stay, your feedback is important. It's nice to know that you found value in our pricing and that our hotel's cleanliness and location are to your liking. On the downside, it's saddening that that our room setup fell below your usual expectations. Additionally, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the room's temperature due to issues w/ our ac unit. This is not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and be assured that your feedback is shared with the management so we may address these areas.

I appreciate you letting us know about your experience. I hope you find your way back to us when you return to the area for a chance to make your next stay better than the last.

Kindest Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Is a nearly new hotel in a great point of London. Very clean and tidy. Need some small improvements on its breakfast and small renovations on the extra beds and on parking spaces but overall is an excellent place. Staff are really friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nirmala L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear Yiannis_Samiotis77,

Thank you so much for your beautiful 5 star review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to know you saw our hotel excellent place for holidays and found it clean and tidy. In regards to the small improvements it will be brought to our higher management team for their attention.

Thank you once again for your nice words of praise.

Yours Sincerely,
Nirmala L
Sales Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Pleasant room on the corner so fairly quiet, with little external noise due to double glazing. Air conditioning kept the room at a good temperature.
Comfortable bed, desk, TV and tea/coffee making.
Functional and clean bathroom with towels and soap dispensers provided.
Simple, no frills breakfast which does the job of setting you up for the day.
Third time I've stayed here and there is always a warm welcome from the staff.
Not very near the tube but there are buses to link up quite easily.
One of the best value stays in North West London.

Room Tip: Rooms are double glazed and air conditioned.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Martin W,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review regarding your stay with us.
It is great to know your stay was enjoyable with us.

We look forward to see you again in near future.

Yours Sincerely
Nirmala L
Sales Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2017

I chose this hotel due to the location and sabbath-friendly amenities as I stayed over a weekend. There were a few issues that

1. Air conditioning didn't work - I kept the AC set on high with a temp of 20. It was 24.5 when I walked into the room and finally dropped to 22 when I checked out on Sunday. I thought it was just my room, but others in the elevator were complaining of the same issue. Front desk just tells people it takes some time to cool off the room.

2. Bathroom - What's the point of a spacious room and a tiny cramped bathroom? There's no bathtub, just a small shower with a curtain that doesn't stop water from leaking everywhere. The soap provided is a 3-1 (body wash, shampoo, conditioner) from a mounted soap dispenser and not even average quality.

3. Fridge - Or lack thereof. There is no fridge in room, or available at all upon request or for an extra fee. Considering the sabbath friendly marketing, this is a major annoyance.

4. Outlets - For a recently built hotel, how is there not a single outlet near the bed? Obviously no clock or radio either, since there’s nowhere to plug it into.

5. TV - My computer monitor is bigger than their TV, which would look ridiculously small if wall-mounted. So they put it on the desk in the corner of the room. Kind of similar to where my computer monitor would be.

This hotel offers metal keys to jewish guests to use over the sabbath. The keys and a few kosher breakfast items appear to be the only real accommodations for jewish guests. The doors are all motion activated, they won't allow any food to be stored in any of the kitchen/staff refrigerators, and they don't provide a place to lights candles on Friday night. There is a note in each room that lighting candles is prohibited (which is the law in most countries and completely understandable) but the language of the note and no alternative offered is not good hospitality.

The hotel location is quite good and the bus outside the entrance will take you to Victoria station, the room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ari H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Ari H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the cleanliness of your room and the location of our hotel. On the other hand, I am sorry you were not satisfied with the layout of your room and amenities provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M