“Way too Expensive!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed December 10, 2015

The food was quite nice but definitely not worth what I paid. By doing some math based on the menu prices I was supposed to pay half what I actually ended up paying. If you want to spend a lot there are plenty of better places!!

Reviewed July 22, 2015

I have visited this restaurant numerous times with various different people and demographics from date night to a business lunch. The service is always brilliant and the food is quick, tasty and excellent value for money.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

I called in advance but they were more than happy to accomdte my request for 2 portions of timisu to take away.
My partner considers it the best tirimsu in London and was a great treat.
The staff were both helpful and polite as they have been on visits before.
Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed June 6, 2015

Since my husband only eats carbs when we are on vacation I will jump at any chance to go out for pizza. He was in the mood for pizza and wanted to eat dinner at Amalfi, so that’s where we ended up.

It’s in a great spot amongst all the bars / pubs on Old Compton Street. I was very happy that we got a table at the window. I had a great view of the nightlife starting outside.

We both ordered a pizetta (half of a large thin crust pizza) with a salad, and a glass of the house red wine. I had mushrooms and pancetta on mine, the Hubs had anchovies and olives. It took a long time to get served, and when the food made it to the table we were underwhelmed. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t particularly good. The crust was fine, and the sauce was fine, but the chef was stingy with the cheese and toppings. The salads were also rather ordinary.

The atmosphere was kind of nice (busy but not frantic) until they sat a friend of the chef and his date next to us. He was loud and eager to show off, so he called the chef to his table and asked for something that wasn’t on the menu. They got their food fairly quickly (of course) and we were both thankful, because it shut that Queen up!

The food was OK, the service was slow, the atmosphere was alright until Miss I-Know-The-Chef showed up.

So, our Amalfi experience can be summed up with one gesture … *shrug*

Reviewed May 28, 2015

Over the years, and being a Soho lover, we have visited Amalfi several times but sad to say that the service and standard have declined. On my recent visit, I ordered the margarita and basil pizza, my partner ordered a chicken salad.
My pizza arrived minus any basil. I called over the waiter, only to be told that they had run out (this was 2pm on a Saturday afternoon). He came back with a small saucer with some basil leaves on and left me to it.
My partner's salad - he said - was fine but for £11 there was not much of it.
The waiter was not terribly over helpful and we felt the whole experience was completely lacking in atmosphere, enjoyment or value for money.
It was early Saturday afternoon yet the place was empty while all the other restaurants in Soho were packed. Says something to me.

1  Thank 616EllieM