“Excellent choice ”

Tamarind Indian Restaurant
Ranked #7,151 of 27,206 Restaurants in London
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Everybody was happy with their dish (we were a large group).
Nice atmosphere. Very busy. Needs advanced booking.
Strongly recommend!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Tamarind was excellent from start to finish - if we lived in London, I go back again.

The service was attentive and constantly available.

Our starting cocktails were very well done, particularly my date’s gin cocktail.

We had a Chana starter which was very interesting, as well as some lamb lollipops that were *perfectly* sauced and spiced.

Our mains were bindi, which we find hard to make, but these were perfectly cooked - neither over cooked, nor stringy as sometimes happens. We also had another meat dish, it was nice, though I can’t remember what it was.

If I could change one thing, I would spread the two-seat tables out just a bit more - we were very close to our neighbors.

Overall, the restaurant was vibrant without being too noisy. Really am excellent evening.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at Tamarind. The staff are really polite and extremely helpful. According to the internet, the restaurant has 1 Michelin star. I think it deserves 2 or 3. If only I was living in UK I would eat here at Tamarind at least once a week. Keep up the fantastic job

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

We had a pre-theatre set menu for £35 per head. Lovely food. Lovely decor and lovely service. Cant recommend enough for a change from the normal indian fare. Chick pea starter a must eat. We love a good punky for desert as much as anyone but having tried the pistaschio kulfi...punky penguin is left out in the cold!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Either this address is wrong or this restaurant doesn't exist. Don't bother heading towards here as you will be very disappointed

Date of visit: July 2017