“Awful Place very unhygienic.”
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
Ranked #16,820 of 25,563 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

THE WORST RESTAURANT we have ever been too. It was last minute we were hungry and in the area so we decided to go to this restaurant. We never thought a place like this could exist in the 21st century. First visit and definitely the last, the salad, looked a bit old when asked the waiter about it? he replied sometimes it is like that. Did not eat it, the Seekh Kebabs not fully cooked still pink in the middle, the poppadoms oil dripping off them. The buffet OMG the lamb was so awful the taste was so disgusting as was the chicken curry. The only decent food there was the Daal (Lentil) the rice was hard was not soft, we had to ask for the mango chutney, the waiter kept looking at us not friendly staff. The last thing I must add it is very unclean and unhygienic the place needs closing down. Stay away from this place.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We ordered a takeaway, I suppose it was lazy not to prepare dinner that day. I spent just a few pence shrt of £60 and it was the worst meal I ever got from an Indian takeaway. Most of the dishes were salty. It was expensive and tasteless. Never again

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank cornwalllord
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Great value food and always super tasty.

You don't come here for the service, but the food and prices make up for it.

Mixed grill is fantastic and curries are great.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 24, 2017

I lunched here. On using the restaurant previously I found the service friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Not so this time unfortunately. Though the waiter clearly spoke good English he was very surly and uncommunicative. He made it quite clear that he resented serving me though I believe I was polite and well mannered towards him.

I eat fast, but everything came more or less at once - paps, starter, and main dishes leaving me feeling rushed and the table cluttered. While I was trying to pay the bill the waiter was leaning over me clearing the dishes off the table. Surely this could have waited 2 minutes until I was out the door? On leaving I wasn't thanked. Poor show.

And the food? It was acceptable. The kebabs were good, as were the naan and rice. Chicken Karahi was very indifferent with a salty and watery sauce. The meet was very underwhelming and I suspect it had been batch cooked in advance because of it's texture. Mango lassies were delicious. Reasonable for £18? I don't feel robbed, but not amazing frankly. A bit of extra effort, and a less board and unfriendly approach, would have gone a long way. I go to restaurant to have food better than I can cook served to me by nice people. They failed on both counts this time.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Order through Uber eats and have never been more disappointed with a curry! We got a sag aloo and a korma and didn't even eat half as they were horrible. I don't normally leave such harsh reviews but this was exceptionally bad.

Date of visit: October 2017