“Faultless!”

Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Reserve with TopTable
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 24,553 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$157
Cuisines: French, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: A must for the culinary connoisseur, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay offers exquisitely simply French cuisine, infusing the senses with subtle flavors, creative flair and a delicate finesse. Combining contemporary elegance, an intimate ambiance and unparalleled service, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay has the hallmark of true excellence honored with three Michelin Stars as of January 2001. The seasonally inspired a la carte menu offers a wide selection of exquisite dishes, ranging from Roasted Fillet of line caught Turbot and Oven Roasted Pigeon from Bresse, to Aged Casterbridge Beef Fillet and Roasted Barbary Duck Breast. The Set Lunch menu also offers equally outstanding quality, including such succulent dishes as Fillet of Daurade Royale, Braised Ox Cheek in red wine, and Roasted Fillet of Pork. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay operates a smart dress code. Jackets are preferred for gentlemen. Jeans, t-shirts and sportswear are not permitted.
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had been eagerly anticipating our lunch at one of the best restaurants in the UK! Obviously had high expectations, the accolades and longstanding reputation of this place have not come easily. The food was of exceptional quality, beautifully presented and with such precision. I could go through all the courses we got through and explain in detail why each were so good but it would take too much room on the page. From the service, food, and atmosphere, this place was a real treat. We felt relaxed, happy and most of all, well-fed! A great destination for those were are looking for first class dining. Will definitely return!

2  Thank Goop2709
Write a ReviewReviews (2,849)

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Beautiful experience - lovely attentive service, food was totally stunning. The room is small but had a nice atmosphere - no hushed whispering. And the other diners were a mix of all ages. My boyfriend mentioned it was my birthday when I was in the bathroom and at the end of our meal the maitre'd took us into the kitchen where we saw Claire finishing up service. Even for those who have eaten lots of good food I'd definitely, definitely recommend a visit. One of the best dining experiences I've had.

Without being rude I'd also suggest that anyone complaining about small portions, high prices, or their car being towed while they were eating (!) is missing the point. For what its worth - I left extremely full and feeling like it was worth every penny :-)

1  Thank KatyR
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I realise that Michelin review their restaurants regularly and that a star may be lost here or gained there but RGR has been superb for many years and for the most part is as good as most people will ever experience. Both my visits were a great success and I must mention, in particular, the service. All of the staff are excellent; even the trainees. On my first visit I had a pistachio souffle for pudding into which the waiter put a small 'boule' of home made chocolate ice cream. Divine! it may be off the menu now but, for me, it was a sublime experience. Funnily enough I am not that bothered about sweet comestibles but this was my enduring memory.

Small and intimate restaurant with french based fare and superb service. Most of us spend this sort of money once in a lifetime. There may be more 'experience based' restaurants (in Bray) but for me, RGR is 'the one'.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

To be fair this was the first Michelin starred restaurant I had ever dined in, but having been to a few since, it is still by far the best. The menu promises to be special, but even before the first course arrives you are spoiled rotten with the most incredible amuse bouche, aperitif, choice of champagne... etc etc etc. The actual courses themselves are above and beyond anything I could have comprehended and the 3 hour experience was the most enjoyable and wonderful meal I think I will ever have! The service was absolutely top notch from a flawless team of superbly trained staff who not only demonstrated their knowledge and skills (even the more junior soumellier was brilliant) but they made you feel at home and extremely welcome. We are probably not their average clientele (ie. we are far from being millionaires!) so I was expecting that the atmosphere would be a little stuffy and pompous - but far from it, it was a truly amazing experience. Be prepared to spend upwards of £300 for a meal for two with wine - it's easier to do than you would think!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

It had been many years since had been to this particular Ramsay incarnation but it was great to see that nothing had lapsed over time.

The food and in particular service were of the highest calibre with the knowledge of the staff particularly excellent. The wine list is good and the prices are fair for a restaurant of this stature. Tough to get a booking but worth the wait.