“Don't Go Here For the Food”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #14,645 of 25,042 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Rainforest Café, just 2-minutes from Piccadilly Circus, brings together the sights and sounds of the amazon jungle in a family friendly atmosphere. Decorated throughout with jungle foliage and animatronics, theres even a thunder and lightening storm, waterfalls, animatronics to entertain everyone.The menu is popular American & European Dishes, with each iten highlighted with their suitability for allergy sufferers, along with a Children's or Birthday Party menu for the under 12's.Bookings are not required as everyone is guaranteed a table, although a prioirty seating can be made and you will be sat at the next available table at that time.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Very Expensive, Poor Quality Food, and Bad Service. I ordered the Chicken noodles but asked for extra chilli and was told he would bring tabasco. Which he never did despite asking a second time. Ordered a beer which took ages to arrive, and then we asked for some table water which never turned up so we asked again, and then again. A total of 3 times! The restaurant didn't even look that busy. The worst thing was they then charged me 9 pounds service charge!! They didn't deserve 9 pence!

RainforestCafe, Guest Relations Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Dear andy24137,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll make sure to speak with the department manager to improve our service standards. All your comments have been noted, and please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve in advance of your next visit.
We hope we can welcome you and your family back to the restaurant again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,849)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I don’t like leaving bad reviews, however I have to be truthful don’t I?

Let’s start at the beginning. My son had been looking forward to this for ages as it is his favourite restaurant. He noticed before we even got in the door that the crocodile wasn’t moving. I said it’s probably because they’ve only just opened. We went in, we’re seated straight away, all good so far, but couldn’t help notice all the animatronics were not moving and the floor projection which we were sat right next to was off. We were soon seen by our waitress who seemed nice enough, and took our order. The thunderstorm happened while she was with us with no movement from the animals. My son asked her why they weren’t moving, she said they move when there’s a thunderstorm.... which they hadn’t. Half an hour passed, another thunderstorm, still no movement. My son asked multiple members of staff who didn’t seem the least bit interested when he said they aren’t moving. Then suddenly our waitress vanished. We were left waiting..... and waiting, oh and waiting some more for the bill. We were waiting so long in fact that another girl came and asked if we had had our orders taken yet. I told her that we were actually waiting to pay. She vanished and came back half hour later for payment. Upon leaving the two people stood at the top of the stairs said good by and again my son asked why the animals weren’t moving and they said exactly the same as the people downstairs. It was only on the way out of the door when a girl asked if we’d had a good time and I told her, she initially told me the same thing but when I said not even Tracy is turned on, she couldn’t believe it and went straight to the manager to see what was up with all the animals and Tracy. We then left and came back half an hour later for another look round the shop and suddenly everything was working but my son wasn’t allowed down to see any of it.

Right, onto the food. It isn’t great let’s be honest. There used to be so so so much more on the menu, and they’ve taken all the decent food off of the menu. Not to mention the dairy free selection is beyond awful. This restaurant isn’t really one that caters for allergies. I did try and talk my son into not going there but no he would only go to this one. I tried talking him into one of the many other restaurants in the area but he really really wanted to see the animals and everything.

Also, if you are looking for a disability friendly place this really isn’t it. As we were going down the stairs into the restaurant on our visit, there was a lady in front of us with her children, one of whom she’d had to get out of her wheelchair and was struggling to get her down the stairs, no help was offered from staff, and there is no lift. I felt so bad for the lady, and helped as much as I could. By the time they were down, the lady actually pleaded with the staff no more stairs. I can’t believe there is no disabled access here, really astonished by that. Surely there’s a legality there somewhere.

Anyway overall, if you can convince your kid, go somewhere else. This place has gone rapidly downhill in the past 2 years.

1  Thank Rachel H

Dear Rachel H,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review, I was disappointed in reading your comments, and I am deeply sorry the animals did not move during your meal.
I would like to reassure you that we do have a disabled entrance with a lift, we are always happy to assist in these cases, and to help with carrying a pram if our guests wish to.
Regarding the dairy-free options, I am sorry to hear you couldn't find much that you liked, while a lot of items in our menu contain dairy, we can rearrange most of them to make them dairy free. On your next visit, please don't hesitate to speak to your server or to a manager, we will be happy to assist with your dietary requirements.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

... it’s got great atmosphere and fine for a treat! My toddler loved looking around and ok yes, the food is overpriced and average but the whole experience and watching our little one’s face was priceless!

Dear LondonGuy_6,

Thank you for your review, we are happy to read your child had a good time! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit and it was really disappointing. We waited over half an hour for our order to be taken. No one appeared to be serving us,each time it was someone different. Children got fed up with waiting around and the only saving grace was the frog walking around that the kids enjoyed.

Dear Lydia W,

We view all feedback, both positive and negative, as it is essential for us as a business to truly understand what we are doing well and also identify the parts that those most important to us, our customers, feel we could be doing better.

I wanted to post a message to you personally to offer my apologies for the areas you highlighted, but also to let you know that all of your comments have been noted and will be discussed at our operations meeting, so please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve this in advance of your next visit.

With this in mind, I do hope we can welcome you and your family back to the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The theming and concept of this restaurant is great. The effects of rainstorms and animal noises are fabulous and a real treat for the kids.

Food is expensive and really not too special though. Drinks are super pricey too.

It was worth going for the experience, although wouldn't go again.

Dear cassidyben248,

Many thanks for your recent visit to Rainforest Cafe, but also for taking the time to write a review. All feedbacks are essential for us as to understand what we are doing well and also identify what we could be doing better. All your comments have been noted, and please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve in advance of your next visit.
We hope we can welcome you and your family back to the restaurant again soon.