“Delicious food, warm service ”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$63 - US$84
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food here was delicious and the service was tops! Warm greetings, friendly service- not at all stand of-ish. And the food was amazing! We did the lunch menu and a la carte- as the the tasting course was almost a three hour affair. Definitely a highlight of our trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,614)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Super restaurant hidden in Bayswater - So glad we found it and will be back on our next uk trip. We took the tasting menu and well worth every penny

1  Thank djcwilliams
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What strikes you from the moment you walk in to the Ledbury is the friendliness of the service and the relaxed atmosphere. This may in part, be due to the fact there is no dress code, but the staff are truly exceptional - attentive in every detail but with a clear goal of making you feel at ease.
The dining room is intimate but has a light and airy feel with good space between the tables so you don't feel cramped.
We opted for the tasting menu which contained innovative dishes such as white beetroot with eel and "Hen of the woods", a mushroom soaked in rice vinegar and then barbecued on charcoal and rosemary. The food is very good and accomplished but to be honest, there was no standout dish or wow moment.
The wine list is on the expensive side, even for London with little choice below £50.
Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience, all because of the amazing service twinned with very good food.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I too went to this restaurant some weeks ago to see what all the fuss was about. It was absolutely worth the wait and the money paid. It is class through and through and worth the local Michelin eatery star. I would definitely recommend this to any one when visiting london. Absolutely superb!!!

1  Thank Philip C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I dont know if we are technically “foodies”, but we do love to eat good food, try out new places and we love our cooking shows and cooking competitions, baking shows etc....So we have always wanted to try a Michelin star restaurant. So when we decided to go to London, I found a list of top 50 restaurants in the world and this one was ranked 27. They didnt have a dress code and i looked at a sample menu on their website and looked pretty interesting, so I booked it 3 mos in advance which is what they allow. So March’s reservations were released on Jan 1, so I booked on Jan 1 as soon as March dates were released. I booked on opentable.
We arrived early for our reservation, but were warmly greeted and taken to our table right away. I was concerned that a 2star Michelin restaurant might be a bit stuffy and the staff would be arrogant, but that couldn’t have been further from the truth. Everyone was so incredibly nice and accommodating. Very warm and engaging. The staff really was as incredible as the food. My partner is allergic to seafood and we had noted that on our reservation when I had booked it. I know chefs of this caliber arent crazy about altering their menu but they were accommodating and we didnt feel awkward or embarrassed for making a special request. They offer either a 6 or 8 course tasting menu to be shared by the whole table on the weekends. Not sure what is done during the week. We chose the 6 course option. I took pictures of everything but wont post them as I’m not food photographer and with the dim lighting, I wasn’t happy with my pics. The food though, was fantastic both in flavor and in presentation. I experienced flavors that I had never tasted before in my life. Every bite was so enjoyable, it truly was a food journey. While it’s very very expensive, it certainly was worth trying such quality food and experiencing food through a masterful chef’s eyes. This is certainly not the type of restaurant you would do often, but it certainly made our trip to London memorable and now we are ready for a 3 star Michelin restaurant!