“Lovely find”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Transit: Tube: Covent Garden, Charing Cross
Description: Showcasing innovative food, courtesy of Executive Chef Dominic Teague, the Indigo menu incorporates the finest seasonal ingredients carefully sourced from the British Isles, and also happens to be entirely gluten and dairy-free. While the menu has an undeniably healthy appeal, it also features substantial dishes to satisfy the heartiest of appetites.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Chose from pre theatre menu. 3 courses £27. Great price! Food was delicious and perfectly cooked, not big portions though, which was good for me. Not a huge choice on menu.
Wine was expensive, but lovely! Ambience was good, not crowded or too noisy. Would definitely go back there again.

Gavin C, Food and Beverage Director at Indigo at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear Debbie R,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us in Indigo and thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit.

The Indigo team are delighted with your comments regarding the food being delicious and have noted your observations regarding the choice on the menu and portion sizes.

I am glad that you will return to Indigo and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I did not notice when I booked this restaurant it is gluten free, not sure what I expected but the quality was exceptional. I have now recommended this to 2 friends who were looking for a high quality restaurant that specialised in gluten (and diary free) catering that is in its own right a fantastic restaurant. The vegetarian food was also to a very high standard.

The restaurant is on a mezzanine overlooking the lobby bar. This does two things; it makes it felt very spacious; and it also gives it a real buzz from the lobby bar whilst still creating a really good atmosphere to enjoy a long leisurely dinner.

Every course was really good; I tried dishes here I have not tried before and was not disappointed. The quality of the ingredients absolutely stood out. We were hotel guests, but we would visit this as a restaurant in its own right when we are back in London. Its location close to number of theatres make it ideal for a quality pre theatre or post theatre experience.

The service was faultless, that was something we also experienced in the hotel as guests.

We were lucky enough to be able to use the restaurant for breakfast, what we really enjoyed was the outstanding service. No joining long lines for the traditional hotel buffet but instead a really nice relaxed waiter service experience. The food was again executional. The quality of all the ingredients combined with great cooking shone out. They don’t advertise that they offer beans, a great British breakfast tradition, however when mentioned beans were available and delivered with no fuss (typical of the great service we experienced all weekend).

A lovely restaurant, quality food, great cooking and wow the service was just perfect. Thank you for a wonderful dinner and breakfast.

As I read this review back I note I have used the word “Service” numerous times. I have decided not to edit this as this is a hall mark of the hotel, restaurant, lobby bar and spa.

1  Thank MrC64

Dear MrC64,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your meals in Indigo during your stay at One Aldwych.

We very much appreciate your kind feedback regarding the quality of our food being exceptional and the service being faultless, I have shared your comments with the team and they are delighted.

Thank you much for recommending Indigo to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This friendly little restaurant has much to offer. There is a warm welcome, seating is spacious and the food wonderful. The scallop starter is excellent, and the fish and chips far better than most. The petit fours are to die for. The staff are very solicitous without being too unctuous. It’s a great experience. If you are pressed for time and have to use the theatre menu you will not be disappointed but the a la carte is very special.

Dear Alan F,

Thank you for your review of Indigo at One Aldwych.

Your kind comments regarding our food and service are very much appreciated and I am very pleased that you had a great experience.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Who would have thought that the Indigo restaurant at One Aldrich would serve up the best Fish & Chips I’ve ever tasted! My starter of seared Scallops also very much up to the mark! The staff were fantastic, so well done and thank you for a five star experience!
PS: the reason l had Fish & Chips for dinner was l had the set lunch earlier of cod starter and Cornish Pollack which was amazing and saw another diner having them! I would definitely recommend the Indigo menu!

Dear Graham W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to Indigo at One Aldwych for dinner.

It is fantastic that our gluten-free fish and chips were the best you've "ever tasted", I have shared your feedback with Dominic Teague our Executive Head Chef who is delighted with your feedback. It is also lovely to hear that the front of house team provided the five star experience that we strive for.

Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on a future occasion.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Having to be on a gluten free diet and not able to eat dairy products as well, the Indigo Restaurant is absolute heaven for me. Mother's day was a delight and the food delicious.
Have been there several times already and can highly recommend it. Service and food was excellent.

Gavin C, Food and Beverage Director at Indigo at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear Renata P,

Thank you for your review following your visit to Indigo to celebrate Mother's Day.

I am so pleased that Indigo is heaven for you and that you find our dairy and gluten-free food delicious, it is lovely to hear that you have been several times and I do hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.