“Great relaxed atmosphere and authentic food at a good price”
Review of Viet Baguette Ltd

Viet Baguette Ltd
Ranked #78 of 25,021 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Family run business, serving simple honest Vietnamese home cooking.
Reviewed April 9, 2018

My partner and I ate here on Saturday night and were so happy to have come across it, it's now our new favourite in Woolwich (for comparison we love the nearby Kailash Momo & Blue Nile.)

Excellent Summer Rolls, and the lovely waitress recommended the steamed rice paper rolls with mushroom which were AMAZING. We ordered 4 (large) starters and had a drink each which came to £31 in total, which I think is brilliant for London.

We're definitely coming again to try more dishes and enjoy the relaxed vibe at Viet Baguette.

1  Thank Lucinda S

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Delicious traditional Vietnamese food served by some of the nicest staff at very affordable price. Highly reccomend.

1  Thank Albtrekker1974
Reviewed March 7, 2018

I've recently moved offices to Woolwich and I am exploring new eating spots, as for me food is as much about the joy of eating as it is about sustaining me.
Viet Baguette is what I would call hidden delight, behind a dingy curb appeal, if you can get past the outside you walk into something similar to finding an oasis in a desert. The atmosphere was alive with Workers, Students, Families with small children and general diners sampling an array of different drinks such as bubble tea and amazing bottled lager. And the food.....! so far I have only tried two different Pho and some deep fried rolls, but both were lovely. The Pho Broth carried the noodles, beef and huge pile of bean sprouts incredibly and was so comforting but light also, with soy, hoisin and chilli sauce to season to taste. The rolls were very hot (temp) and crispy. The staff were friendly, engaging and smiling.
I can't recommend giving this place a try - the name might not be, but the food was very traditional and typical of Vietnamese cuisine.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

This is a perfect neighbourhood restaurant. There's a warm, inviting atmosphere as you enter. You feel immediately relaxed. The food is simple, tasty and very fresh. The two of us ate very well for £30 including a bottle of house wine.

Fortunately, we arrived early (7pm) on a Saturday evening. By the time we left, it was nearly full!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Woolwich has a number of decent eateries, in particular family run places with good, long-standing reputations that provide excellent food and at great value.
However, this place if often referred to as best of the lot.
I have visited a number of times, be it a quick bite to eat for lunch or a full meal.
Never have I been disappointed.
The atmosphere is good, always helps when the staff are friendly and appreciative of your custom.
Food is varied in choice and there is a lot on offer.
Beers and sprits are good, in particular the Saigon special which is light and tasty.