“Fabulous”
Review of Scott's

Scott's
Reserve with OpenTable
Scott's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 25,458 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$51 - US$103
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Originally an oyster warehouse, Scott's has been serving up its legendary seafood since 1851. A conveniently short walk from Green Park and Bond Street tube stations, this Mayfair mainstay uses burgundy leather banquettes and subdued lighting to create an air of old-school elegance which reflects the restaurant's chic clientele. Designed by Martin Brudnizki and highlighted by the exquisite bar topped with onyx and finished in stingray skin, the revamped interior of Scott's still carries the 1960's glamour of yesteryear. Traditional fish and seafood dishes dominate the menu, although seasonal meat and game make an appearance. Atlantic Halibut, Dover Sole and Lobster have proven to be popular choices, and there is also a Roasted Shellfish platter for two to share. The famous oyster bar with its three-metre crustacean display offers a more relaxed dining area and there is also an art deco-style private dining room, ideal for canapé receptions, press launches and private celebrations.
Reviewed January 16, 2018

We visited Scotts on Sunday as a treat for a friend turning 50.
Scotts isnt new, it isnt gimmicky, its not trying to be different. It is just such a well run consistent restaurant and i always enjoy the food and ambience.
The variety of fish is unbelievable and all paired with different vegetable and sauces. each dish thought through carefully.
We had a round table of 7 and that in itself makes the meal so much more enjoyable. I asked them to charge my phone, without hesitation they did so and gave me a token. Its small things like this that keep them a cut above.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I had been wanting to sample Scotts menu as I had read many complimentary reviews
about this restaurant.
My wife treated me to lunch to celebrate another birthday !!
What a stylish restaurant.
From the doorman's welcome the whole experience was exceptional.
We found the service excellent without being overbearing, attention to detail
was spot on.
We started with the Thai Mussels and Dressed Crab both of which were delicious,
washed down with a chilled bottle of Muscadet hit the spot.
Smoked Haddock for my wife and Dover Sole Meuniere for me with super chips and a
lovely green salad was an excellent choice of main course.
Finishing with coffee we were presented with some excellent truffles presented on a
personalised plate, a nice touch to end the meal.
I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Scotts and thought the whole experience excellent.
The food and the staff were both exceptional.
We will be returning, thank you.

1  Thank 34primrose
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

This was a team dinner and we had a fantastic time. Food, wine and ambience...everything was great. I had Oysters and halibut. Would love to visit this place again.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I met up with a friend of his from his Oxford days. I had done some research to find a great place to share a meal and Scott’s fit the bill.

There is seating both outside and inside with the latter offering booth and table options along with gorgeous seating at the bar. Had we not been a party of three I would have chosen the bar seating. Service was friendly, professional and attentive. It felt like they really cared that we enjoyed the overall experience. We were seated at a table about 10 inches from another couple which probably wasn’t ideal for them! If you want privacy I suggest asking for a booth or quiet table bs take the luck if the draw.

The food was excellent! We started with a dozen oysters/sausages and the chargrilled squid appetizer. Both were cooked perfectly with a nice bite of spice in each dish. For mains we had grilled Dover sole, which was truly the best we’ve ever had and Cornishsole goujons that were just ok, as the pieces were quite small and under-seasoned. The chips were nice and crispy on the outside and creamy in the insides but we wished they were cut slightly larger. The cauliflower cheese was nicely seasoned but the stalks were a bit crunchy. As an aside, any side is large enough to share between two people. Pear tarte tartin and a Bakewell pudding were lovely desserts, the pear the hands-down favorite. Along with the complimentary tap water, bread and butter, we had 5 martinis, a bottle of 2014 Chateau de Ceron Graves, a glass of Calvados and 2 macchiatos. The bill came to “just” 336£ which we unanimously agreed was a great price for such high quality food and service. I would have given Scott’s a 4.5 star if the review site would let me. I highly recommend Scott’s - go! You will love it!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We had not eaten here before but had heard of it. We met up with some Spanish friends for dinner and this was the perfect choice. It was just round the corner from their hotel, with modern English cuisine, delicious fish and a relaxing ambience in which to talk and catch up with friends. The service was very good too. Not cheap! But you are in Mayfair.