All reviewscannon streetminute walkapartmentkeysdeskwifitube
Reviewed August 12, 2016

The guys at the reception desk over at The Kings Wardrobe are probably the most helpful and polite that I have ever met!
Whereas it is a bit of a pain that you have to pick up your keys from one place and then find your way to Suffolk Place - the accommodation makes up for it! The room was very clean and the cutlery, plates etc were of a good quality. The rooms are quite enough - considering there are in a city!
A short walk back towards St Pauls and you can climb aboard the hop on hop off bus. Word of advice though; I would not recommend THE BIG BUS COMPANY, as they have the least amount of bus' on the routes and so you wait ages for a connection. We saw loads of THE ORIGINAL BUS COMPANY! try bartering for the tickets also, we got our for £25 each whereas others were charged £32!
So, if like us you don't want the restrictions of hotel accommodation and prefer to eat what you like when you like - you wont beat the apartments!

Room Tip: Book with them direct in order to get better rooms - we went through booking.com and ended up in the attic! Still nice though!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I drove down from Devon after visiting his family to London. We were supposed to be checked in on a Saturday, but somehow we missed a day and arrived a day earlier! Haha! The agent who we talked to said to us that we were lucky that there was a room available because usually they are fully booked. I think if we had not arrived a day early, we would have gotten a less nicer room.

First, I want to say that it was not easy finding the apartment especially with construction going on in front of the apartment which covered the street sign and a part of the street was closed. Mind you, we were using our gps also haha! We just so happen to stumble upon the back door and got in the apartment and the agent met with us asap. Which was wonderful seeing as we arrived short notice.

He explained where the front door was (which was in front of the building that's currently being renovated, reason why we had a hard time finding it). He gave us the code for the front door and a keycard for the room. There is no free wifi at this place so you would need to pay. It was annoying at times because it sometimes logs you off so you'd need to keep logging back in.

Inside the room: Our first impression of the place was "WOW". Our room had all the huge ground floor windows of the front of the building. As you can see from the pictures, it was quite a lovely place. The only problem we had was the cable connection on the tv by the bed was a bit glitchy and there was no instructions on how to use the oven (which took a while to figure out but we got it working).

The area: We all know that London is a busy place and I'm pretty grateful that this place is hidden from the busy street (less noise) but unfortunately the street you need to walk out off has lots of working people hanging out at, smoking and drinking beer (the amount of litter people leave there was crazy! And one time someone peed on the wall).
It's next to a grocery store. It's also a block away from Cannon Street station, great for when you use public transportation. Its a walk away from different attractions (Tower of London, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Monument, etc.). The only downer about this area is during the weekends, many restaurants around are closed so you'd have to find elsewhere to dine at.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Photos on website are misleading. No desk in room. No sofa. Tiny rooms unlike fantastic photos. Room layout terrible. Cannot see tv from bed because of a pillar in the room (my room is in the basement so I guess the pillars in my room support the fancy rooms upstairs). Cannot get into wardrobe because of pillars. Kitchenette is an understatement. I've had bigger set ups in my family tent! Doors and surfaces are all faded, splashed and stained. Basement rooms right next to a bar/restaurant and at head height from outside so people can see right in. Good location but really dissappointing getting into the room..... We have nicknamed it the hutch.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2015

Pros:
1. Best Location, heart of the city. Located conveniently near Cannon street underground station and walking distance to Bank underground where most of the lines cross
2. House keeping was good and responsive
3. Kitchen was good / adequate for a business trip

Cons:
1. Very poor internet, i feel like i had taken a trip back to early days of internet. Worst of all 3 days i didnt have internet and the service personnel asked me why i need internet at home as i am on business trip. The guys on phone spoke as if internet is something i will have if am lucky enough.
2. Rude staff on phone, reached out to them for 3 help request out of which just one was satisfactory
3. Their checkout procedure says that i can contact a specific mobile number for chauffeur driven cars. When i call that mobile number (guess it was the manager), he sounded rude on why i had to call this number which sounded ridiculous. No consistency or clarity on their communication to their residents
4. Beds seriously need change, its age old bed and poor sleep quality
5. I stayed at 10, and could hear lots of sound from near by bars during thursdays and fridays till 1 AM.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Pirama
Reviewed August 24, 2015

I stayed here for 5 nights 6 days. These serviced apartments are one of the best in the vicinity. Neat clean rooms.
Once a week room service.

tip: Try to take room on higher floor. The lower floor once have windows at ground level which may disturb you early morning.

Overall a good stay.

Cons: Big round pillar in between the small room was bad.

Room Tip: Take room on higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business