All reviews cannon street minute walk key apartment facilities wifi
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

These are serviced apartments and are located in a very nice building on a quiet lane just off Cannon Street. It's difficult to find and even my Black Cab driver didn't know Suffolk Lane. It's hard to stump the cab drivers. A tip is that there is a small pedestrian walk right to the hotel from Cannon Street - opposite the Subway restaurant and just past the Cannon Street station.

The apartment itself was comfortable and in relatively good condition. Some of the wood services show their age and I couldn't get the heating to keep the room at a constant temperature. The bed was large but only moderately comfortable. I would guess that the mattress was rather old given the slight lumpy feel.

Staff is non-existent except on check-in, which is just fine with me. Housekeeping is on a weekly basis. I needed to phone the manager at the other property about 10 minutes away to check in. You should be prepared for that.

My only real complaint is the neighborhood. It's very convenient between the Monument underground station and the Cannon Street rail/underground station. Bank Street underground is about a 15 minute walk. I usually stay in St Pauls which has a much better selection of restaurants and shops and just feels more in the city. There is a small supermarket here and another 10 minutes away but restaurants are few.

It's a nice base in London. Just know that you may have to walk about 15 minutes to get to anyplace of substance.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin_US_NL
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Got off on the wrong foot here. I had just spent 34 hours travelling from Australia. After I booked on a non refundable rate I got an email to say the key was somewhere else. This adds about £10 to the cab ride, and at 5:30 am the last thing I wanted. I would have preferred to know as I would not have booked here after a long flight. However, the room was really good. It is nicely fitted out, quiet and comfortable. I would not mind staying days here. Bed great, bathroom excellent, nice towels, warm room. Everything was great, if only they'd get a key safe on site and send the code.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Rounsie
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

It is a service apartment building, close to the tube. It is clean, having weekly cleaning service, offering all necessary stuff (towels in the bathroom, cutlery, washing machine etc).
The only thing you need to consider is that you can hear the airplanes landing or taking off from City Airport (however, they are not allowed to fly during the night). But mornings and on weekends you might be bothered if this is something that can bother you.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Simona S
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Sayed one night with a friend who had booked for several nights. Very well equipped rooms and very comfortable. Ideally placed near Cannon Street station so ideal for the city and west end. Plenty of shops nearby if you do self cater.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2016

2 Suffolk Place is an ideal place to stay if you are looking to stay in the city of London at a reasonable cost and with the ability to make your own meals and have a comfortable home base. The apartment is nicely decorated, well appointed and clean with reasonable storage for your items. They provided a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board, a safe*, towels* dishes and cutlery as well as pots and pans and even shampoo and conditioner. The location was ideal for us as it was a 10 minute walk to my husband's office and a 1 minute walk to Cannon Street underground station. The staff was very nice and helpful, although I really only interacted with them twice as they are located elsewhere. Now for the downsides: Our apartment was HOT and we had no ability to control the temperature including not being able to open the window. This is a REAL issue because it was so hot that we both felt sick. It didn't help that the temps were in the 50's and the building unit was on heat only. A staff member even came to our apartment to see if our fuse was out because apparently there was no heat in the building - HAHAHA - it was SO HOT at the time that even without the heat working I begged him not to fix it! Keeping the lights off helps as they throw off a LOT of heat. Additionally they only give you two towels and a bathmat or a hand towel (not both) and no washcloths - so that was kind of odd. The door to our trash bin was broken and seemed worse after housekeeping changed the trash bags, which by the way you only get once during a week so pick the middle of the week. The wifi was spotty as well. If you have to pay extra save yourself the money and use it for a better data plan. The studio is smaller than you might believe from the photos, but seriously, all you are doing is showering, eating, sleeping, and fooling around so how much room do you really need? lol. Definitely there will be noise as there is a wine bar just below, I suggest keeping the exhaust fan on or if you are a light sleeper, music or earplugs. The bed is comfortable but small when they say double they mean full size! There is no bathroom fan unless you are taking a shower so bring poo-pourri :P also if you can get a fan cheaply or bring a small one it could just possibly save your life! Definitely ask for a converter for your curling irons but honestly a power surge voltage converter is your best bet. Ample outlets throughout the apartment!

*the safe didn't work in our room, *there were no washcloths

Strange things to bring or get: FAN(s), washcloths, command hooks, poo pourri or lysol power surge voltage converter.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible. We stayed on the top floor (3rd) in Studio 23.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple