“Home away from home!”

Ranked #124 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Brussels
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

I stay here often and it feels like home away from home. Hotel facilities are of course excellent but what makes the difference is the staff. Definitely one the best hotels in the area!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MexBel
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and most importantly about our fantastic Andaz employees. I will make sure this is forwarded to everyone here. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best, Arnaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Excellent stay. This was my second time at Andaz and I would definitely go back. It's a very nice hotel but what really makes it is all the staff are so friendly and helpful. Also has very good restaurants - we really enjoyed Miyako restaurant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments! I am delighted to see you have returned at Andaz Liverpool Street for the second time but most importantly that you were impressed by the level of service provided by our wonderful staff here. On behalf of the Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
Vancouver
Reviewed 2 April 2012

It's not too often that I stay in a large hotel chain that behaves like a boutique hotel and demonstrates that they truly care for their guest.

The check in process is innovative. No counters, no line ups. You sit on sofas in the lobby and an employee offers you a drink before checking you in with his ipad.

Beds and rooms are very comfortable and every no alcoholic beverage or snack from our room mini bar was free.

In the afternoon/evening, you can get drinks (including wine/beer) in a private area of the lobby. Friends were meeting us at the hotel and we asked if we could have a glass of wine with them before going out. The hotel employee's response was "your guests are our guests". There was no extra charge.

The hotel is conveniently located at the Liverpool station (rooms are quite - there is no train noise). However, if you are traveling on holiday, this is not the best part of town to go out at night. We had a difficult time finding a fun restaurant we could walk to. The hotel did give us a good recommendation, but choices were limited.

Upon departure, the hotel saw that we had quite a lot of luggage (+ 4 passengers) so they organized a large cab to pick-us up in front of the hotel.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Francois C
Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am so pleased to read the comments following your stay and to see you enjoyed your Andaz experience. The hotel is located by Liverpool Street station and is only a short walk from the vibrant areas of Shoreditch and Hoxton where there are plenty of fun bars and restaurants so make sure that next time, you visit those areas. In the meantime, I very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We went to London for a few days.
We have been to this city several times, but this is the first time we have stayed at an Andaz Hotel.

Here are the positives:
1. Check-in procedure / staff was quite nice and helpful. (also, when you walk in, you will often find a few people with ipads waiting to help you, give you directions or check you in or out of the hotel)
2. The layout of the room is good and quite big for a typical London hotel
3. Comfortable bed
4. Free non-alcoholic drinks from the mini bar. It is a small thing, but a very nice touch
5. The toilet is the new type where it uses a fraction of the water for the flushes. It felt nice to stay at a hotel that helps conserve water :)
6. It was just 1 block from the tube, so very very convenient indeed!!!
7. Nice and safe neighborhood with a few shops / restaurants and a nice pub across the street

Here are room for improvements:
1. The bathtub wall was quite high compared to normal bathtubs. Felt like one had to climb over a wall to get into the bath/shower
2. There was no shower curtain, only a piece of glass to prevent the water from the shower from spraying onto the floor. However, the glass was not wide enough and hence water always got onto the floor.

Overall, we enjoyed the stay as the positives outweighed the negatives. Hope you find this review helpful, let me know. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. Thank you also for your recommendations which I will pass on to our Engineering Director for him and his team to review. In the meantime, I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Adaz hotel is a beautiful hotel well suited to meeting the needs of the business traveller or tourist. The rooms are well appointed and have nice touches like complimentary soft drinks etc. The service is excellent and the range of facilities impressive. The hotel is a little expensive but offers good rates at the weekend.The Andaz has become the hotel of choice when I visit London

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Norman C
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be back. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Evanston, IL
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Andaz Liverpool Street in March 2012. The staff are helpful; the complimentary organic juices and bottled waters in the guest room's minibar helped me to get over the dehydration of the trans-Atlantic flight from Chicago; and the extra-length soaking tub in the bathroom was relaxing after long days of walking to museums and markets. The wifi signal was strong in my 4th floor room, and there are many restaurants and pubs within an short walk of the hotel. Upon checkout, I found there was a mistaken breakfast charge on my bill, but there was no resistance at all from the desk staff to removing the charge from my statement. I'll definitely return to the Andaz when I want to stay again near East London and Bishopsgate.

I'm a bit of a history and architecture fanatic. The Andaz hotel is a very successful adaptation, IMO, of the Victorian hotel that was built in 1884 to serve the Liverpool Street Station of the Great Eastern Railway. During the 13th through 17th centuries, this block was part of the site of original St. Bethlehem Hospital, the world's first hospital for the mentally ill---and the origin of the word "bedlam".

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the great comments following your stay with us this month. I am most pleased that you enjoyed your Andaz experience and to see all your facts about the history of hotel are right! We also have a Masonic Temple which was built in 1912 so next time, make sure you ask our Andaz Hosts to show you our secret room. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Andaz has a cool lobby and the check in via iPad is fancy. I can't give a statement to the gym and other hotel facilities neither to the breakfast (it wasn't included in the price of £ 190.-- without VAT, which was a bit of a disapointment.
The room was nothing exceptional, meaning it's not better or worse than rooms of one of the other big hotel chains. If you get offered a 3rd floor room with a odd 30 number ask for an onther one. The 'window' faces into the hotel (onto the bar).
One strange thing was the toilet. It's one of those water saving types (not that water saving is bad) which made a huge noise while flushing (kind of sucked the water down). It's not just loud in your own room, it's also loud in your neighbours room. And one last thing - but this is really personal - I can't stand toilets without a toilet brush (same problem in the Soho Hotel).
If your main destination is an office in the city the location is nearly perfect. Even for a more holiday type of stay it isn't too bad. Metro just opposite the entrance, Spitalfields, Brick Lane & Shoreditch within walking distance.
But overall - taking the price in account - I was a little bit disapointet.

Room Tip: Not a odd 33x room and I assume also no odd 43x, 53x ....