All reviews british museum goodge st tottenham court road walking distance to leicester square small hotel bus stop private bathroom triple room rooms are basic would stay here again tea coffee making facilities clean hotel pleasant stay enjoyed my stay family room included breakfast short stay
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Resonably priced hotel. Was looking for somewhere close to a work commitment and this fitted the bill.

Room was on the smaller side, but clean and comfortable. The room I was in was in the basement but had a good sized window and had been recently rennovated. The bed was incredible! I have never slept so comfortably! Staff were all polite and very helpfull in directing me when I needed it.

Small minibar in the room and basic tea and coffee facilities as expected. Free wifi was also a plus.

Breakfast was continental, and could be improved. Coffee not kept very warm, Hot rolls and croissants were nice, but usually would expect some fresh fruit, yogurt and toast in a continental breakfast. Would certainly not have been any options for someone who needed gluten-free (unless this was available on request).

Overall a pretty good stay. Happy with the facilities, would suggest shopping around though as I could have got my room cheaper had I booked closer to the time, and this was a little more expensive than some of the other local hotels.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The superior room for three people is pretty comfortable: not too big but it was ok. The location is great. Very close to the Gower tube station. But note that the station opens at 10 am, so in the morning we had to walk 15 minutes to another station. The hotel is pretty clean, the shower cabin is very small, but not a problem. The only negative comment I have is about breakfast: a scone, a croissant, cereal, canned fruits, orange juice and coffe. Every single morning! Some variety wouldn’t hurt. There is a supermarket 10 minutes walking distance - we bought some nice food there a couple of times to add some excitement to our breakfast. But the poor breakfast was not a huge problem. The hotel and the staff was really nice and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

If you need somewhere to stay and aren't too fussed about modern then this works. The rooms are fine, bathrooms ok but the prices are really good in my opinion. I've booked there a couple of times now and everything has been great, even last minute.

Works for work!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We had a very unsatisfactory visit for 5 days in Aug 2018.....

We booked 5 months ahead and requested a lower floor as I have knee problems..were put on the third floor with 6 flights of stairs...Their question on arrival was did we want to cancel the booking and find something new ......in London in mid August?? We were later told we needed to remind them 1 week before visit if we had a special request but they had not advised us before the visit. ....after 2 nights we were moved to the first floor..2 flights of stairs..in a room with electrical shocks from a bathroom light switch. After explaining to desk we were moved to a much smaller room in which the single bed collapsed! This room was on the noisy front of the building and also had a very squeeky bed!

The next day we reported cigarette smoke from the next room...their solution, the guests were told to leave their air conditioner on to help get rid of the smoke! No comment or apology to us!

Wifi on upper floors quite erratic. Only continental breakfast. Man in charge brusque!

No compensation for 5 days of frustration!

Room tip: none of them!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Freedom10534
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a lovely location and looks very smart from the outside.
We were put in a basement room which must have been right next to the staff room. It was incredibly noisy and very small.
The decor was very dated, but it was clean.
Breakfast was ok.
We paid £165 a night and it definitely was not value for money. I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen M