“Best Bread!”
Review of The Harwood Arms

The Harwood Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Harwood Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Transit: The pub is a 5 minute walk from all bus stops and tube station at Fulham Broadway.
New York City
“Best Bread!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This pub bakes their own Irish Soda Bread and it literally is one of the best breads I have ever had. It comes warm to your table with fresh butter to spread. I could have just eaten the bread for my meal. Excellent service and atmosphere. A must stop in London for sure!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank ackloots

Bristol
“Wish I lived closer!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Who would have thought that there could be a country pub in the heart of London! Tucked in Fulham is this gem of a place. Such a friendly place with cosy décor and a fireplace and sofa for winter evenings. Some people come just to drink- there is a good selection of beers including Gem an ale from the West Country and Japanese lager which was really fresh.
The food was stunning. I kept the menu – it was so inspiring! We could have chosen any of it, so it was hard to choose. We had the venison starter for 2. The scotch egg is something to dream about- all runny in the middle, mmm. Wish we had the appetite for more venison for the main course but we opted for the brill which was perfectly cooked. The rhubarb eton mess is the thing of dreams and the rice pudding was the best ever tasted. Wow!!!!
We will certainly be back and hopefully it won’t be long.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank LoubyLouBristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, great price”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

If you love you food but don't like all the fuss then this is the place. I can't wait for my next visit. Just wish it was my local. With absolute confidence I can recommend. Enjoy!

1 Thank toughcookie79
Fort Langley, Canada
“Good but not as good as I was told”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The service was amazing. Right after we ordered the waitress told us about the Scottish eggs, which I had never heard of and now I can’t stop thinking about them. I ordered the Sunday dinner and I was a little disappointed, because I was told that it was the best place to have it. Overall I’m glad I went there although I wish I had chosen a different restaurant for my Sunday dinner, and I wish they had Pepsi.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Justin H
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good but not quite great.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We visited 2 weeks before Xmas as the restaurant was local and has a good reputation.

Service was very friendly, they couldn't do enough to help with the menu and ensuring our evening was made special.

I had the deep fried oysters with lave bread mayonnaise, followed by the pork 3 ways and we shared the doughnuts to finish. All were perfectly well cooked. The oysters were lovely and given a nice twist with the lava bread pairing. The pork dish was pretty standard and although perfectly nice, I was looking for a little more from it. The doughnuts followed in the same way. perfectly nice, but nothing to make them particularly memorable.

I dont think The Harwood Arms will ever leave you disappointed. It is the very best gastro pub food on offer but only 1 of the 3 courses proved to be really memorable or suprising.

If you're looking for all the thrills and spills of a "Michelin meal", you may be better off looking elsewhere.

• Visited December 2011