“My Fave Vietnamese in London!”
Review of Bami

Bami
Ranked #9,328 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: At BAMI, all our baguettes are freshly baked and prepared to order, along with summer rolls, spring rolls, pancakes, salads, rice, vermicelli noodle, Pho and Bun Bo Hue soup bowls. Our flavourful and healthy authentic Vietnamese Street Food is a reflection of our profound love of the country.
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

This place is incredible. Gorgeous simple decor, great simple menu, incredible flavours and service with a warm smile!!!
I've tried almost all the dishes, and yet are all wonderful, especially the bun bo. Most authentic Viet food I've found in London (have travelled the whole of Vietnam so often find offerings disappointing, but not here!!!). The wine list is good and great match to the food, and the prices are unbelieveable. Almost didn't review as I want to keep it a great secret, but I believe in sharing- so now it's your turn to get out there and see for yourself! Tip: order the prawn crackers, they're real, and awesome!

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank bambi_travels

Reviewed January 15, 2016

This is a great place to eat both at lunchtime and for dinner. The food is very tasty. I brought 12 members of my badminton club here recently and they enjoyed it very much. The staff is attentive and the prices are reasonable. I will be back again!

1  Thank Geoff D
Reviewed December 24, 2015

A small welcoming restaurant that serves great food reasonably priced and with a smile. The service was attentive and excellent!

Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

Off the beat and track in London central. Stumbled across this place by accident and it was amazing. The Vegi spring rolls were outstanding, the best I've ever eaten! Staff terrific and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 8, 2015

My husband and I just had a bizarre and unpleasant experience at Bami - the food was not bad, although I'm used to Cay Tre and Kingsland Road restaurants, which are far better. The problem was the service. They've just started serving dinner, so we decided to try it because it's in our neighborhood and they were offering 50% off food. The waitress was friendly but had a very difficult time understanding us, and we had a hard time understanding her. We finally got our summer rolls, which were tasty if small, understuffed, and unevenly rolled. We then got our Bami special vermicelli, which was the best thing we ate - nice, tender pork - and noodles with XO sauce and prawns, which was flavourful but a bit greasy. We then asked our waitress for more water, but she refused, saying we hadn't ordered a drink from the menu so we couldn't get more water. I have had this happen in other cities (Amsterdam!) and always find it annoying, but I've lived here 7 years and restaurants here rarely refuse to give you water. There is Candy Cafe in Chinatown, which charges you 50p, but that is on the menu, and I love that place so much I don't mind. I told her I thought it was a strange policy. She said ok, she'd bring us some water - then she disappeared and never came back. I had to ask another staff member for our bill. We have NEVER done this before, but we asked him to take off the service charge, because our waitress had a)not really spoken English b)refused us water and c)ran away when we asked politely for water! The other staff member launched into a long and boring explanation about how we should have ordered drinks because they are training the staff to take drink and food orders. What?!?! He said people never order just tap water. Really?! Restaurants should make their customers feel welcome, not argue with them about what are supposed to order for 10 minutes! I can't believe this place. It's too bad because they are nearby, but I would never go back here. I am patient with new waitstaff, but that wasn't the problem - it was their atrocious attitude.

3  Thank NYkerinCambridgeUK
BAMI_LONDON, Manager at Bami, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Dear NYKerinCambridge,

Thank you for your comment. And thank you for shouting at our staff member who could not speak English well and explanation about what you asked for, please do be kind with people when they tried to help you, especially when we are busy with 50% discount on our dinner menu. As management, we are very honest you scared her to tears at the back, your loud voice was rather unbearable. Please be so kind to other waiters and waitresses at other restaurants where you are visitng.

We understood from you that you had a very nice meal but got lost in translation.

Kind regards,