“A rare 'Excellent' Rating here from me.”
Review of Bami

Bami
Ranked #9,315 of 25,561 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: At BAMI, all our baguettes are freshly baked and prepared to order, along with summer rolls, spring rolls, pancakes, salads, rice, vermicelli noodle, Pho and Bun Bo Hue soup bowls. Our flavourful and healthy authentic Vietnamese Street Food is a reflection of our profound love of the country.
Reviewed August 20, 2016

Tracey spotted Bami as we were driving out of town the other night looking for food. Not having had Vietnamese food before, and enjoying new experiences we parked up and wandered back to look at the menu.

So glad we stopped.

The service was really good, with friendly staff, the food was astonishingly good, hot really tasty and plentiful. Something we really appreciated was the waiter taking the time to make sure we knew how to eat the food... I KNOW that makes us sound un-cool and out of touch but hey, live your own life. When you tackle your first Saigon crispy pancake... See how you cope.

We had tthe pancake, a delicious crusty Vietnamese baguette, Saigon Caramel pork stew (to die for !!) and Vietnamese chicken curry. We share our meals, and we both agreed that everything was as good as it could be... Excellent !

We are going back... Very soon !

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank James_Bridges

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Enjoyed our dinner here on a Friday night. The food was nicely presented and very flavoursome and portions were a good size. Friendly and efficient service and nice surroundings. A minor thing but I would have liked to see more starters/side dishes on the menu (maybe some side vegetable dishes?) - just to have the opportunity to try more dishes.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank bsueho
Reviewed July 26, 2016

I went to Bami with a couple of friends. They had never had vietnamese food and were delighted by the flavors presented. I must say I am very picky about vietnamese spices and flavors. I had the lime steak salad for 7 pounds. It tasted delicious. I also tried the filled aubergine with was also very tasty. There is one big downside to the restaurant though, which is why I am only giving it 3 stars (for flavor and taste it would be a 4 or maybe even a 5). The portions are very very small. To be full I would recommend ordering 2 mains or at least a main and a soup. For Families or larger groups I would recommend to order a large selection of the mains and to taste them all. It was delicious, not too expensive, but sadly the portions were a little small.

Date of visit: July 2016
BAMI_LONDON, Manager at Bami, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Hi Totallyfoody,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to BAMI, we are delighted that the taste lives up to your expectation. Just to clarify, the limed-marinated beef salad was priced at £6, not £7 as you quoted. Perhaps we have not add carrot & mouli pickles, lettuce, extra onions like other Vietnamese restaurants in London to make it big as we like to keep it very authentic just as how you would find it in Vietnam, purely Vietnamese hot mint, red onion, lime juice, fried shoot and peanuts. It is 200gr of beef fillet steak for each portion we serve here, so it is very fair size and fair price for 200gr beef fillet steak priced at £6. All our main courses are priced at £7.20, £7.50 only.

We hope that you had a good time and we look forwards to seeing you soon.

BAMI Management.

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Little hidden gem next to Angel station! I had the delicious caramelised catfish cooked in clay pot! Brought me straight back to the souvenirs of Saigon! Definitely one of the best Vietnamese restaurants

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed February 4, 2016

Conveniently located opposite my work, I have enjoyed popping in for lunch sit in or takeaway and the occassional dinner. I like the vietnamese spring rolls and the chicken salads are fresh zingy and tasty. The Pho can be a little bland for my taste, my but all in all I have had very pleasant experiences here.

Date of visit: February 2016