“Afternoon tea”

Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: For a little oasis of calm in the bustle that is Covent Garden, look no further than the our Wellington St restaurant.. cosy and with a lovely little Parisian feel, we've got a fantastic new food and wine menu perfect for a quick bite to eat or a leisurely dinner before a show. There's something to suit everyone and you'll come for lunch and want to stay right through to dinner! We're located just a few minutes away from Covent Garden and The Strand. The ideal location for a pre-theatre meal, a break from shopping or a leisurely coffee and a spot of people watching.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We booked this for two friends birthdays was disappointed with he service first we had only warm drinks then the food came which was ok the scones were burnt and dry there was no jam which we had to ask for ere were little pots f chocolate mousse no spoons we had to use the end of tour coffee spoon !! we asked for plates they hadn’t got any !!! The sandwiches which were toasted were lovely but only two choices ham or mushroom but as I say they were nice staff were to busy to attentive to customers which is a shame not a great experience at all .

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Just ok. Nice drink and burger. Chips over cooked and not enough sauce! Friendly staff and fast service but didn’t feel like a nice experience for some reason. Would not return sadly.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

6 of us popped in for lunch, we were seated immediately, the staff were very polite and asked us for our drinks order as soon as we sat down while we were looking at the menu.
We all had slightly lighter meals, which were very good, omelettes were very good and there was a choice of fillings.
Highly recommend good food, good value, excellent service and great location for many of the Covent Garden Theatres.

1  Thank BevMeg
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife went for brunch today and my eggs on my eggs benidict where both hard and cold so had to be sent back. My wife had the full breakfast which was awful. Raw sausage and bunt old mushroom and ice cold toast. We sent the meal back and then waited 30 minutes for another one.
When the bill came there was no compensation what so ever so I spoke to the waitress about our level of disgust and she then only when prompted spoke to the manager and they took it the full breakfast off the bill.
Would never go back, as bad as it gets for a chain that I have used regularly over the years. Never again.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Really good service and when my dad’s plate came through as Luke warm they made a brand new plate for him. Great waiters and friendly vibe. It was my mums birthday and they gave her a free slice of cake. Will definitely be going again and recommend it.