Lowest prices for your stay
US$47
SAVE US$8
Hotels.comUS$47
FindHotelUS$48
HurbUS$52
All reviews a king size bed huge room excellent value for money an evening meal riverside stadium night stay lovely hotel budget hotel stayed here for one night good size full english family room yogurt chips
Selected filters
Reviewed March 7, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for one night (£40) for a Monday night football game, the hotel was walking distance, about 15/20 minutes to both the football stadium and the train station which was very handy. It was also less than £4 in a taxi.

Hotel itself looks great and modern, parking available on the front. Comfortable reception area. Rooms are a good size and all clean and tidy. Water in shower was either scalding or freezing.
Receptionist was helpful, friendly and even rang out room when we ordered a take away.
Breakfast was a bonus, lack of vegetarian options though. Also no tea/coffee facilities and we weren’t offered one either even though it seemed other guests had them?

Would recommend this hotel for the cheap price and location. We had no major faults and can’t understand the bad reviews really. These people must have never stayed in a cheap budget hotel ???

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2020 via mobile

Baltimore looks nice on pics
But nothing like when you get there
Musty smell is masked with smell of green being smoked
Rooms not cleaned properly
Bed not made
Towels dropped on floor
Looks like a drop in centre in the day
With a gang smoking outside main door
& hanging around reception

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2020

We have stayed here every time we have visited Middlesbrough. The staff are very helpful and so friendly. The family room was comfy and warm. The breakfast was lovely. The bar was nicely stocked. Thank you so much for all your help

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2019

On arrival I found an ice-cold room (it was in December). On the tiles in the bathroom I could only walk without shoes after the third day of stay and non-stop heating because they were so cold before that it hurt my feet.
The room was very small. I booked a double room. They decided to put a bed in this room that was about 30 cm narrower than the room. Sitting on the small desk with the suitcase open on the floor same time is not possible.
Another difficult decision as a guest is whether you want to shower with water or heat. Cold water is available with enough pressure so that you can take a relaxing shower (at least in summer). Hot water only comes in a few, very poor drops.
The hotel attaches great importance to the environment: The first morning I put my towel on the floor because I wanted it to be cleaned. On the third morning I realized that my towel smelled very bad. At that moment I saw the blood stains on the towel, which came because I cut myself shaving the first morning. So they hung the towel from the floor back on the rail without cleaning it.
The nights were not very restful because of the loud noises from the kitchen under my room. It sounded like an old crappy cooker hood or air conditioner.
When I arrived in the breakfast room in the morning, the answer to my friendly "good morning" was exactly "coffee or tea" in a very rough tone. Friendliness and good temperament do not seem to be employment criteria in this hotel.
The breakfast was also the worst I ever got in a hotel. I really like the English breakfast, but what they serve is an insult to the English breakfast culture. The beans literally swim in liquid, so you can eat them as soup. The same is true for the tinned (no fresh ones at all) tomatoes. Yoghurt was best before 30 November, which was a week in the past. Perhaps the public health authority should draw some attention to this hotel.

For about 100 € per night I expect much more.

The one star is only because a rating of 0 stars is impossible.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank N1667WSsebastianh
Reviewed December 7, 2019

We've just started using The Baltimore for work stayover. Our first stayover was 27/11. We booked a twin room. We had two nice comfy beds, a small wardrobe, TV, tea/coffee & a really nice bedroom. Got an excellent nights sleep. Only problem with the room was, the TV didn't work & there was a small leak. The staff were excellent & dispite not being able to sort out the TV on the night, offered us a discount the following week on our bar meal.

This week, we stayed over on (04/12), we had booked the same twin room but we're offered the suite. We asked if we could have a look & it was really lovely. Huge room with a king-size bed, lovely dining table & chairs. Very comfy sofa & cushions to chill on watching the TV plus tea/coffee etc. The bathroom is huge. Complete with a fab jacuzzi, which we took full advantage of. Fantastic walk in shower & lovely sink/toilet etc.

On both stays we had an evening meal at the hotel. I opted on both visits for their steak & ale pie with chips, peas & gravy. The pie is absolutely gorgeous & the portions are big. The hubby chose the house burger with cheese & bacon plus chips & side salad. Along with 2 cokes, total cost was £20 (£15 on the second visit with our discount).

Included in both stays were breakfast. This consisted of Cereals, fruit juices, yogurts & full English. The hot breakfast includes sausage, bacon, eggs (fried & poached), mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, fried bread & hash browns. There's also white & brown toast,tea/coffee. Very tasty breakfast & certainly filled us up ready for work.

The staff work really hard & nothing is too much trouble for them. We really enjoy staying at the Baltimore & will do regularly now.

Date of stay: December 2019