“Hostel???”
Review of Longlands Hotel

Longlands Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and a college were booked in to this “hotel” for two nights.
When we arrived around 7:30pm ish the manager told me twice we were late

The were shown to our rooms which were dingy and small. One lady who was sat in the lounge area in her Dressing gown and high heeled shoes. That night I slept with the chair behind the door as didn’t feel comfortable - the manager gave me the creeps.

The next morning went for breaks fast. I was “told off” for putting my used teaspoon on he paper napkins as I had now spiked it and there was a small tray to put my spoon on. The manager also wasn’t happy when myself and college said we would not be eating breakfast and appeared to be annoyed he had to get up. When he asked if it would be the same the following morning we said yes.

We then left as we were doing training in the area. We contacted our finance team at work and requested a different hotel as we did not feel safe in this one. Whilst on training , other people there said that this hotel was also a hostel for recently realised convicts and also had problems with drugs.

Safe to say we checked out a day early and we are now in a decent hotel across the road.

If you want cheap, tacky, unsafe then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2017

My son paid a one night visit to the Longlands Hotel. It was only £42.00 for the night, so expectations cannot be that high. My son said the room was clean and functional.

I emailed Ray the night before to inform him that he may arrive late, Ray responded saying no problem. He also helped him with a taxi to his interview destination the next morning. Thanks, Ray. Regards, Scott

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank riboid
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed on a Sat night.
Ray the manager really helpful.
Great car park.Really clean and comfortable and a real bargain at price.
Shame there was no cups in room to go with hospitality tray.Surely an oversght.
All over though would definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank nield3
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I attended a course in Middlesbrough, and my wife accompanied me and we were both very happy to stay at Longlands Hotel. Almost everything was new; beds, carpets, bathrooms, TV sets. The manager was extremely accommodating.
Though they are not related but there is a hand car-washing business at the entrance of their secure car-park that did a great job on my car.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We have been using the Longlands Hotel for around 10 months for accommodation for our employees. I have visited recently and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment by the new manager Ray. Even though a lot of work is going on, the hotel is extremely clean, The double room was huge, lovely modern bathrooms and a large public lounge. There are facilities to cook your own food, which is always an added bonus. Ray is extremely helpful and makes the best Latte in Middlesbrough!!! We wish him every success with the refurbishment and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 1beetle1ful
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We stayed at the Longlands as we had a family wedding, on arrival the hotel was locked up and we could not get in. We rang the given number a few times and once it was re-directed to a mobile we managed to get hold of what we believe is the owner. Admittedly we did turn up around 9pm due to trains etc, our fault. So after getting in to the football themed lounge (Very well put together and presented) we were shown to our rooms. That's where it all changed. The room took some getting in to, the floors were dirty, the TV took some getting used to to figure out how to turn it on, the wall paper was pealing, there was mould in the shower cubical, the shower was either hot as hell or ice cold, the toilet sounded like it was going to take off everytime you flushed it, the window was broken, the chest of draws was broken, the sink basin was mouldy and unclean, stains up the walls, the chairs were stained, there was mould in the windows. I could go on but i think you get the idea.
Halfway through the Night i smelt this horrific smell that turned out to be the drain in the shower, as we left early that morning to get to the wedding we left it to the cleaner to sort, unfortunatly that proved to be wishful thinking. Our beds were made and the Milk & sugar(The Milk was 2 months out of date....) was topped up but the smell was horrible when we got back late. Breakfast in the morning consisted of 2 Rashers of Bacon, 2 fried Eggs, 1 sausage and a rack of toast. All in all it was £50 per night for a family room. Unfortunately i would not recommend this hotel to anyone apart from people just passing through or people staying there for less than 2 nights. The person we spoke to was really nice and helpful but he was massively let down due to the rooms.
If there was as much care and money put into the rooms as there was the lounge it would be 5+ stars.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Longlands H, Manager at Longlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Hello Danny. May I take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel is under new management. The property is undergoing a complete face-lift. New bathroom suites. New En-suites. All rooms are being decorated. New carpets will be fitted throughout but at the end of the renovation. Should you have a return visit. you would be plesently surpprised I can assure you.

Regards
Ray Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2016

very happy with my stay at the longlands hotel, very good value, smart up to date facilities, nice big room, good breakfast, value for money, left a tip because it was so well priced, big secure car park, close to takeaway across the road, not too far from town so cheap taxi for night out.

Room Tip: nice big quiet room, and free wifi, also sky in room was a bonus