Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$60
eDreamsUS$60
Agoda.comUS$60
TripadvisorUS$60
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2020 via mobile

Room basic but ok. Cleanliness not the greatest as bath fittings door handles and tv remote very unclean. Repaired patches in the carpets! Food poor. Reminded me of a hotel from 20 years ago! Biggest disappointment was that both my phones one on EE and one on Vodaphone don’t work in the hotel. To make a call you have to go outside the hotel in the Car park in the middle of winter????? and this in 2020. Let’s hope none of the family dies during the night! A notice on the reception wall informing paying guests of this fault would be good?? As it is, it was a desperate one night stay that served its purpose. Water hot room warm tv signal good and staff always good! To be honest why any one would pay to stay here for enjoyment etc is totally beyond me? With out the swimming pool and the good staff it has nothing to offer. I paid £40 for the night but would have paid £140 esle where!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank seanflanagan423
Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

We were for 5 nights with the worst attention, they never cleaned the room nor did they change towels, I gave 3 towels to a waitress for their change and they never returned, I'm still waiting for them.
The food is fine, the cooks work very well, but there are problems with the service, sometimes they make a mistake in the order.
I understand that we are going through a time of pandemic and there are restrictions, but those of us who visit this place are due to a work problem and we deserve to have the required attention, we pay for that.
In general I do not recommend visiting this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 946manuelr
Reviewed October 30, 2020

Booked for one night at very short notice. I turned up at 12.30 am and needed to leave very early (6.30). Breakfast started at 6.30 but when I explained I needed to be on my way by then the reception porter and kitchen staff were extremely helpful and my breakfast was ready at 6.05!
Now that is service.
Room was good for price paid.
No faults.
Would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2020

Just spent one night stay here on way home form Scotland on Alfa coach tour on arrival check in just told room number and it on ground not told where evening meal breakfast served. Went and found room on entering had not been hoovered and bathroom was old and in need of over haul poop in toilet tell controls fall a part tape up room very dust no real evidence of covid measures we had evening meal witch we had pre order my mozzarella sticks were cold the tables were dirty and service very poor after dinner went in the bar for a drink very slow serve took 45 mins to order a drink even though not busy. When back room and to bed did get much sleep as every time car came in to car park light cars in out all night party in next room guest going in out each other rooms. Got up for breakfast was very disa pointing had help u self to coffee tea from machine every body touches this is covid friendly breakfast was stone cold poor waitress have serve every table all in all a disaster. Rude unfriendly manager in bar

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dean Long, General Manager at Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2020

Dear 160leigha

The coach driver had been given all the information before hand and we assumed that this would have been relayed to you and to avoid contact time on check in only the room directions needed to be relayed to you.

You mention no real evidence of covid measures but you must of missed the numerous face mask signs and the hand sanitiser that is in three locations in the reception, the three points in the old post house , the table separation in the old post house for dinner and breakfast and only having table service.

At breakfast there were two staff on to serve 25 guests from the tour and some were just helping themselves as they did not wish to be patient and allow the waitress to serve them. All food was plated and cooked just before arrive time and both for breakfast and dinner did not get sent back cold as i was in the kitchen for both meals.

I am sorry if you felt the manager on duty in the bar that evening was rude but i will talk with her to find out what happened later that evening to see why you would have had a 45 minute wait as this seems overly long even considering we are doing table service.

Reviewed October 10, 2020 via mobile

When I first come to this hotel I got to my room and the sights of the bed was disgusting as shown in the pictures below. The Restaurant. The breakfast was stone cold. The pub service was slow. No coronavirus regulations. No sanitiser. What a waste of money and no star ratings.

Dear O5700YOrebeccat

I am sorry that you had issues with your bed in the room you stayed in, i will try an identify the room. You have mentioned that there are no covid regulations and no sanitiser. Both of of these comments are not true. We have the following in place

Three hand santiser units in reception, one on entry to the bedroom area and three located at various points in the Old post house.

In all areas of the hotel there is signage regarding regulations including reminders to wear face masks

The old post house bar has all tables laid out with social distancing and it is table service only (which has delayed service on some evenings)

The breakfast service is currently plated and ordered the night before and is cooked almost to order so i am surprised you say it was cold but over the last fews days i have monitored breakfast service and the food was not cold.

It is a real shame when reviews which don't accurately reflect a stay are posted, particularly when the team are working very hard to ensure that all regulations are followed to protect guests and themselves from this unprecedented situation that we all find ourselves in