See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Attended the George Michael Tribute night last night with 5 friends. What a disaster. The room was overcrowded (before everyone started to leave), 'George Michael' neither looked or sounded like George Michael, and played cheesy 80's pop music all night! The food was a farce, when it was finally served it was cold and not edible. My husbands belly pork was a slab of fat with conjealed leaks and cold hard mash!! The people on the table behind us got sick of waiting for their food and left before it was served (lucky them). The other table next to us left half way through their meal and said they would be complaining!! Shambles!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Hotel was ideally situated for the reason of my visit. As I was attending a funeral.
My first impression was that it does need some TLC.
However the staff are very friendly and very accommodating.
We booked a superior twin room. Well, if this was a superior room, I would not have liked a standard one!
The room was so hot! Even though the radiator was off there was a hot water pipe running along the skirting board. I think the whole length of the hotel.
Traffic noise is to be expected as the hotel is on a junction of major roads.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank margarete50
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Last week, met up for an annual gathering of approx 50 people. Evening meal on first night very poor. Fish and chips, fish wet inside and tasteless, chips hard, pea's ok. Was looking forward to this as only a week earlier had the same dish in the bar and it was delicious. The second night meal, meat pie was filled with 3 small chunks of meat and the rest with thick gravy. Previous years had 3 course, this time only 2 course. A poor show this time knowing what they have turned out before.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2017

The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The property is in need of a face lift,but the room are clean and comfortable.
I would not stay again as we had three bulbs out in our room ,told reception ,but nothing done about it.
Food cheap and good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

This is a classic case of getting what you pay for. This was one of the cheapest places we could find at short notice. I’d normally be happy to turn a blind eye to a room being a bit shabby providing it had been cheap. Sadly on this visit I also had to contend with half the lights in the room not working and the shower also not working. These are basic maintenance issues that should be checked prior to a room being let out. This is what drags the score down from average to poor.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family