Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$58
SAVE US$4
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-05-20
eDreamsUS$62
Agoda.comUS$62
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2020 via mobile

Employer - “Do you hate children?”
Perspective employee - “Can’t stand them”
Employer - “Great, the jobs yours!!”

What more can I say....... Children not welcome.

Management and bar staff very unwelcoming and rude. Costs nothing to smile.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank F795LArussellc
Digital Stonegate, Inhaber at Blue Bell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2020

F795larussellc, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. we will take your comments on board and strive to improve in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2020

If you look at my profile you will see that I have stayed in some very high end hotels over the last few years but this is a different experience. I was travelling to Teeside for family reasons and I selected The Blue Bell because it was the cheapest place in the area that didn't look like I'd check out with a rash.

It is a large, urban 1920s/30s pub with a hotel annex just on the outsirts of Middlesbrough. Checkin is as you would expect for a combo pub-hotel.

The Staff.
Everyone has been attentive and friendly.

Accommodation. The hotel block is a little tired in the public areas but to be fair is no worse than many major hotels in the United States so I'll forgive a bit or wear and tear in the corridor.

The room is a different matter. Easily on par with Marriott and Hilton's budget chain offerings. Clean, modern and pleasent. the room has a kettle, tea and coffee, a decent bed and clean bathroom.

The hotel block is round the back so has no disturbance from the main building which is a pretty lively pub.

For £45 a night it is a great deal.

Reviewed August 4, 2020

What a let down. It wasn't very clean, food had to be sent back,my granddaughter, who's birthday it was didn't even eat her meal and tried to over charge on the Eat Out To Help Out. Staff didn't have a clue. Never again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Christineru4734aq, we regret your most recent visit with us was not up to the standards we strive for. please email us with more detail about your visit at bluebellhotel.middlesbrough@stonegatepubs.com

Reviewed July 26, 2020

Visited over the weekend and wish we’d have never bothered. Awful staff, awful management, food appeared to just be from “Chef Mike” (microwave) and covid precautions?? What covid precautions. Never again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Phill8901, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one.

Reviewed February 13, 2020

The room wasn't too clean. Extractor in the bathroom didn't work so I had to open the bedroom window to let the steam out. I also had trouble opening the bedroom door as the lock was dodgy and had to get the staff to open it for me.

Date of stay: January 2020
TheBlueBellAcklam, Manager at Blue Bell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2020

Sorry to hear about the room if you email in we will look into this for you