“Couldn't be bettered”

Best Western Annesley House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 11 February 2012

All aspects of our stay were excellent - well appointed and warm room, excellent service, delicious food.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again when next in the area

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in Norwich for a business trip that would require me spending a long time during the day at the hotel; I was looking for somewhere comfortable and accomodating and I was not disappointed.

The location is stunning from the outside, as a collection of period buildings all maintained to a very high standard and beautifully presented. I was in the building to the left of the main hotel and this was excellent.

My room was decorated to a very high standard, with lovely boutique style touches that really made it feel special. The usual flat-screen TV, tea making etc. complemented by trouser press, dressing gown, free WIFI.

Breakfast was of the highest quality, beautifully cooked and well presented. I spent the remainder of the day working in the hotel lounge and was very well attended to throughout; a delicious lunch of prawn sandwiches, cafetiere and biscuits to die for. A 10 minute walk into Norwich city centre meant I could leave my car in the ample car park.

This was all good, but what made the stay great was the level of service given by Jill and her team. Nothing was too much trouble, everyone was friendly and happy to chat and talk. This made a real difference and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Norwich

Room Tip: No issues with the seperate building; in fact it may be quieter away from the kitchens etc
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank T7PDC
Reviewed 5 February 2012

In all my 30-something years I've never stayed in a hotel with such lovely, helpful and professional staff. They make what is a clean, very attractive and comfortable 3* hotel outstanding.

For an inexpensive stay in Norwich I don't see how this place can be beaten. I got a great deal with late rooms, and got an upgrade on arrival. The rooms are clean and functional, VERY comfy bed and pillows, flat screen tv with multiple channels and room service.

The receptionists and caretaker require a special mention ... I needed their help for various things when I checked in and during my stay, and they were just so nice and brilliantly helpful it left a big impression. Would definitely recommend this place to friends and family, and stay here again myself if I ever have the need.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank TripaholicNorfolk
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here on business and the staff were very welcoming. The room was comfortable,spacious and well decorated double room. The bathroom was clean and well maintained but could do with a little modernisation and has very hot water at times. The beds were very comfortable and there were no noise issues even though the hotel is close to a main road. I had an evening meal which was excellent in terms of presentation and flavour. There is a choice of two menus one which is a fine dining menu and the other a much broader main menu. I had a cooked breakfast the following morning which is taken in the delightfully bright dining room and again this did not disappoint. I Would stay here again if ever in Norwich.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We have stayed at this hotel occasionally over many years,and it just gets better. Spotlessly clean with a very nice atmosphere.We stayed in the annexe this time,which is every bit as good as the hotel.Comfortable room,comfortable bed and well appointed. Only one point about our room was the shower.It was on the right hand side as you enter the room,glass door only no wooden door. The Hotel is less than ten minutes walk from the city centre,so very convenient. No traffic noise at all,so slept well. We did not eat in the hotel,a short walk away is the Eagle bar/restaurant which was very good.We thought the menu in the hotel looked very good if a little pricey. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeh080
Reviewed 7 December 2011

to start i would like to thank the staff at the annesley house hotel for making it a wonderful and an enjoyable experience. I travel alot due to the nature of my job being in the armed forces and its hard now a days to find such a wonderful atmosphered hotel that provides excellent customer service lavishly decorated rooms and exquisite food. we stayed in one of the rooms in the coach house and i must say it was beautiful the room had all the modcons that just makes your stay worth while the bed was so lovely to sleep in as you slide under the covers you feel as if you dont want to come back out.

this certainly will not be my last stay at the annesley house and if the rest of the best western chain is anything like this hotel then they have done the best western a great service

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Weekend shopping in Norwich. This hotel is close to the town so lovely for a stroll to the shops.. We have stayed there on several occasions and will be going back again very soon..

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely..
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple