“AVOID!”

Blue Cedar Lodge Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norwich
Blue Cedar Lodge Guest House
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Firstly, it will be obvious to all that have stayed in this guest house is that the 'Total Bliss' review has quite blatantly been written by the owners in an attempt to cover up what has to be the worst B&B I’ve ever stayed in.

After opening the door to the room I was greeted by a terrible smell of what seemed like vomit and a dubious stain on the floor. A few of us were staying here so I asked some others to walk into the room as well and they also said the same and noticed that was probably why the windows were wide open.

I asked the staff about this, however they simply dismissed there was any issue at all. Rather than come clean and admit there was a problem and offer an attempt to address it they, very rudely, said that their resolution of the issue was for me to remove my belonging from the room and check out! which I would have happily done but could not find another vacancy as it was late in the day.

BOOK ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: just don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank EastAnglianTravel

Reviewed 24 July 2011

As a couple, we've stayed at Blue Cedar Lodge whenever we've visited our son at the University of East Angla during the past 3 years. The welcome and service have been 1st class; nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable and, with a hearty breakfast, good value for money. The location is excellent, between the Uni. campus and Norwich city, and is also convenient for nearby places of interest. We would thoroughly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mikegillharding
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I stayed here in February 2010. It is on one of the main roads to the City centre which is very handy but is set down a drive so you do not hear the traffic. There is a lovely garden which looks like it is very well looked after. The room we stayed in was en-suite and had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were NOT torn or dirty, in fact, they felt very crisp and brand new?! I do not agree with the comment on here about the sheets? The owners were more than helpful with any queries we had and were very friendly. Breakfast was lovely and set us up well for the day. I could have sat in the breakfast lounge all day watching the wildlife in the garden! I have recommended this B&B to a friend who I beleive stayed in April and also enjoyed their stay. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable, will visit again soon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Stayed there for 3 nights. The sheets were ripped and dirty. When we mentioned it to the owners, they didn't say a thing and never changed the sheets!!!
There are FAR more nicer and cleaner places to stay in Norwich.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business