“A real gem of a tea room”
Review of The Tea House

The Tea House
Ranked #18 of 881 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tea house, now under new ownership with a fresh decor offers a larger range of gluten and dairy free products as well as Traditional Cream tea! With over 30 loose leaf teas to choose from you'll always find something to suit you. We also offer Breakfast, brunch, lunch, cake and of course coffee! Never be too shy to ask for skimmed milk or of course soya! We serve food until 5pm Come in and see where Merry Berry sat when Filming Who Do you Think You Are
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Found this little tea room when walking in Elm Hill. The service was friendly and efficient. We had lovely hot chocolate and the cakes were superb. I can reccomend the chocolate orange cake- truly scrumpicious.

I will definitely be back here again in my next visit to Norwich

The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you very much for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stop (and the cake) Please pop by when you are back in Norwich, try a different cake and see if they are all as good.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Good coffee & tea + excellent food if that's what you're after. Best of all is the atmosphere - even on a quiet day the 'Boys' will always stop for a chat!

The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for reviewing us n trip advisor, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stop. We love getting to know our customers and their stories. Look for ward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

It's easy to miss this place, we walked right past it several times until we glanced UP and saw their sign (near the bottom of Elm Hill). It was worth persevering though: personal, friendly service - board games for the kids - books & papers for the grown ups.

Doorstep toasties perfectly cooked, loaded with cheese. Jacket potato as big as your head, again loaded with filling. Carrot cake moist and fruity, not dried out like in the chain cafes. Interesting fizzies too: we got cloudy lemonade but will try the ginger & chilli next time. £19 for three of us to eat and drink, about the same as in the chain cafes but much much nicer.

The coffee is great, but I forgot to ask what they use: the best flat white in Norwich I reckon, I could've drunk it all day.

The ONLY downside was lack of seating:- they're very busy (which is great) and the cold weather made sitting outside a no-goer. It's worth hanging on for a table though, it's a lovely place to eat or stop for a cuppa.

1  Thank Awkward_Veggie
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate the time you took to review us on tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stop. Half terms are generally quite busy and unless the weather is a little warmer, we are limited to 5 or 6 tables, but I'm glad you were able to wait and would welcome you back any time you are in Norwich soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Lovely place to pop in for lunch with my daughter & mother! The food is simple, delicious and just what we needed on a grotty January day.
It may surprise some people that a small, unpretentious cafe is rated No.1 for Norwich, but once you've been, you'll understand why. It's so refreshing to see people who are good at what they do, doing it so well, and with such enjoyment.
Will definitely be back for more lemon drizzle cake!

1  Thank jessikart
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you so much for the kind review. We really appreciate the kind words. I hope to welcome you back soon for more cake. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The scrummiest homemade cake ever. Toasted Sarnies were lush. Range of teas were fab- I sampled two but sadly they had just ran out of the Bengal Ginger tea so will have to take another trip back to sample that one net time I'm in the area! The couple that run the Tea House were very amusing and chatty too giving it a great atmosphere. I'd highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Prim_84
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

I'm glad you enoyed your stop at The Tea House. Some of the teas are really popular and we try to keep all of them in stock, but sometimes we aren't able to keep all in at the same time, but it does give you a good excuse to pop back soon, which you hope we will. Thanks for the kind words.