“WICKED PARTY DIGS!!!”

Hotel Belmonte
Hotel Belmonte
Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 24 May 2010

OK, so obviosuly the people who wrote bad reviews wernt after a night out in norwich lol but we were and the hotel was perfect! right above a bar on the main strip, literally staggering distance from the club, mercy. it sounds seedy but its really not, staff were lovely and rooms were really nice seen as we only paid 45 for a double room- with breakfast! you cant go wrong. would absoloutly reccomend and we will return!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Belmonte

Reviewed 18 April 2010

I really should have given 50 quid to the homeless guy in the door opposite, then slept in the car. My wife and I booked this online from the hotel's reasonable looking website. One day I'll learn to check before I buy... It really does not make mention that it's right above a very busy nightclub, next door to loads of busy bars, opposite a kebabie. Think Club 18-30 without the beach or nice weather. Upon arrival into the side door by the main bar, we were struck by the astonishing smell of sick and old beer and we were less than inclined to eat our breakfast there when we were told that the bar doubles as the the restaurant. I can't imagine that the sausages would have been any good... So anyway, several hours, a wedding and many strategic gins later I figured I would sleep through a hurricane. Boy, was I wrong! The bar itself wasn't too horrendously loud, but the customers in the outdoor seating/smoking area were in fine voice until well after sunrise. Every hour or so a door banged somewhere in the hotel which made me wonder if they did rent rooms on an hourly basis. Still, as I was wide awake I had plenty of time to inspect the room. At first, the standard of decor looked pretty good, and the room was clean. However, cracks in the ceiling plaster didn't look too promising and the shower cubicle was kind of difficult to describe, but lots of screws had been half-driven in which made it feel a bit flimsy. By 6am, we'd given up on sleep so packed up and checked out. We tried to be nice to the girl on the bar as we left, but to no avail. She was best described as hostile. So, dear traveller, avoid this hotel like the plague. There's a travelodge nearby if you're hell bent on sleeping in Norwich's most busy area. We are just very glad we are not still there.

1  Thank Axeman5000
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Stayed at the Belmont for 1 night enough for anyone. Booked through late rooms. Upon arrival at 10pm the bar was already full and music blaring. Not too bad as it was only 10pm, 2am my thoughts had changed, music and vibration in room 2 eventually stopped just after 2 am but then there is a period of consistant noise with clubbers leaving the club and waiting outside for taxis ect. Sleep finally came at approx 3am, up at 7am, considering this was a Tuesday night and I was at work the next day not the best preparation to start a working day. Breakfast was pitiful but addmitedly expected, upon arrival to the bar for breakfast another guest was already complaining to the owner to no avail. There was a lack of intrest as far as he was concerned he had provided his part of the contract as a hotel, a Bed and a Breakfast he could not comprehend that in addition to this a nights sleep is also part of this contract as a hotel this I would suspect be the standard. The guest asked for a refund or at least a discount this did not happen. I also spoke to him but again there was no comprhention of the dissatisfaction being expresses he stated that this is a busy area with alot of bars and clubs etc even when I said that if it was the external noise that was the only problem then I would not be complainng to him as I except this is out of his control as it is he is a night club owner in addition to a hotelier therefore it is in his control the two do not and can not mix in the same building expecially one that has been done on the cheap. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL! TO ANYONE UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE PLANNING ON BEING OUT UNTIL 3 AM THEN IT MIGHT BE SUITABLE.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank paulb92
Reviewed 26 July 2009

For £45 a room we should have known better. Was on a hen night with ages ranging from 19 - 40+ and as others have pointed out this is on the roughest, busiest road in Norwich. The 12 rooms are sparce, and have "dog blankets" on the beds, there is a concertina door to the old, but clean bathroom,! There is a kitchen area in the rooms should you wish to stay. The noise from the road is awful, i guess you are not there to sleep. The rooms are not soundproofed and it sounds like people are breaking in because of the noise. The place was so awful, we did not sleep there, and chose to drive the 2.5 hours home instead. The rest of the hens got no sleep at all. I would only stay here if you were really on a tight budget and had no desire to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank eklhrvs2016
Reviewed 14 June 2009

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. For £32.50 a night I wasn't expecting anything, but this place shouldn't advertise itself as a hotel. It certainly doesn't look like one - it's a doorway at the side of the nightclub www.mojosnightclub.com. The rooms are directly above. Between 7pm and 4am in the morning they play very, very loud dance and drum and bass music that shakes the furniture in the rooms. There is *no way* that anyone could sleep here, you may as well be in one of the PA system's bass bins. As for the rooms, I've seen better decorated squats. I checked in, then checked straight out again, first time I've ever felt the need to do that.

Seriously, don't even think about this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SwiftyFrisko
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I stayed for a weekend - just wanted something reasonably priced and well located for shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife. It's a small hotel, with friendly staff who helped with recommendations on where to eat, etc. (I also bumped into one of the chamber maids and she was so lovely!) The rooms were bright and clean - and exceptional value for money. The room was well-equipped and even had a kitchenette. If it's the country-life you're after though, then this isn't it for you. It's on a popular Norwich road, with lots of restaurants and bars, so you definitely feel you're in the middle of what's going on. (And it was free entrance to the nightclub for hotel residents, which again saved me money.) The perfect place, I thought, for a short break.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Miss-Kylie
Reviewed 22 July 2007

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING AT THIS 'HOTEL'. Despite only having about 12 rooms all you can hear at night is the doors slamming, ear splitting drum and bass music from the bar below until 3 am every night, the ridiculously loud buzzer for the staff going off every 5 minutes, disgusting smells in the rooms, the 'restaurant' is actually the bar so you can enjoy the smell of stale beer from the night before, having to wait in the bar while while your room is prepared (by the look of it either a drunk or a druggie was moved to another room) - this 'hotel' was an absolute nightmare and if it wasnt for the fact a busy convention meant there was no other hotels available I would not have stayed more than 5 minutes.
As it was very hot I couldnt help noticing that a female member of staff in shorts was wearing a probation tag and was also having two way conversations with herself.

Stayed: July 2007