“Absolutely fantastic”

Ranked #91 of 221 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Passage To India is a Contemporary Indian cuisine set in the heart of Whitby, North-Yorkshire. The restaurant is decorated up to date in a warm vibrant settings and serving both traditional and contemporary Indian dishes also some English dishes to suit all palate.A warm welcome await for you at the passage to India restaurant.
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Stayed for a pre-Christmas weekend and booked this place for Saturday evening. The food was amazing- really very tasty. Our chicken tikka starters were superb but my lamb tikka jalfrezi was just perfect. Honestly- I could not have asked for better. The service was impeccable, the drinks top notch and we left the restaurant feeling thoroughly full, absolutely satisfied and really, really spoiled. What a wonderful place and such talented chef and waiting staff. Can't praise enough and really added to a special weekend in Whitby. The shots at the end of the meal were fab too! Enjoyed it all so much left a larger than usual (for me) tip.
Brilliant.

1  Thank LinaYorkshire
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

As ever when you walk up to any good Indian restaurant the door is opened for you before you get chance to open it... We knew then it was going to be a good night . The restaurant itself is totally different and well set out, plenty of staff waiting to serve you. The food was fantastic, authentic and very very tasty!!! Can not wait to stay/visit Whitby again so we can pop in to ‘The Passage to India’ a very pleasant surprise.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Call me old fashioned but I like a bit of authenticity about a restaurant so when I was greeted by an English woman then showed to my seat by a Eastern European man then had my order taken by a philipeano woman I didn't know what to expect I was just hoping the chef wasn't from Barnsley,first of all they sat us next to the kitchen which was very noisy so we asked to be moved which the waiter with a face like an Asian Jack Dee obliged.starters mixed and onion bahjis were ok,I had passage to India special which consisted of chicken lamb and prawns they misspelt this it should have said prawn nothing special , the wife had a spicey dish which was condensed,all in all it would be ok at chucking out time.

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Staff fantastic, food superb, atmosphere great, cant thank the staff enough, presentation of food is brilliant, another male and female toilet facilitie would be ideal, other than that a lovely night.

1  Thank michelle h
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Ordered a large takeaway to be delivered to the cottages and I have to say the food was DELICIOUS! The selection was lovely, it was piping hot and the girls loved it. I would highly recommend Passage to India.