All reviews bed apartment swimming pool starfish house mini suite minute slot royal crescent main reception main building these apartments self catering scratch card washing up liquid living area public car park parking space sea front couple of nights
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Stayed in seabreeze 4 23/3-26/3 On entering the property everything looked lovely & after unpacking we went for walk. On getting back we were making a drink & realised we were missing a sink ! We had to use the bathroom for filling the kettle & washing dishes We didn't like the thought of it especially putting them on top of the toilet after washing. I decided to have a shower I then noticed no hooks for clothes it was freezing & then I realised no radiator. With only half screen on the very powerful shower the bathmat was soaking wet & nowhere to put it to dry. Next morning there was a smell in the bathroom which was from the wet bathmat so we had to use hand towels to stand on. In bed I noticed there wasn't a cupboard for bread etc one could be put next to the fridge which was occupied with the bin. But if the "kitchen" was where the wardrobe was there could be a source of water easily obtained from the bathroom. There was ample parking outside the front door pay&display I have a blue badge which meant unlimited free parking however during the season it would probably be more difficult. TO OVERCOME washing pots in bathroom I BOUGHT a bowl the management would only have to spend a £1. ! being short I couldn't reach controls on the microwave. Finally the 'double' bed was 4' good job me & my sister don't need much space or it would be a problem. ! Kath Jankauskas & Christine Thompson PS breakfast was £7 at their office. !

Room tip: Have a double room without kitchen & take your own toaster - only appliance used save about £50
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kathjankauskas020
Reviewed April 1, 2018

we really enjoyed our stay in Whitby we stayed in the discovery house in the bligh room a few steps to get up to the room so if your elderly ask for a ground floor room. our room was very nice fresh colours the chairs in the little living room, there is a telly and free internet when the telly is on the bathroom was lovely to and the bedroom with a kettle tea coffee etc and a hairdryer we would stay here again as it was lovely. We arrived at the office to check in around 11.00 am but we did not get our codes for our rooms till around 3.20pm by then we were ready to get into the room to freshen up and get back out to meet friends. There is car parking at the front of this accommodation but I think you must phone when booking to reserve a space I think the parking is nothing to do with the discovery and is around £10 a day I would personally book it next time less hasstle we did buy a scratch card from the discovery office that cost £5 for two days parking we were lucky to get a space up the street though, you can go back to the office if you want to have breakfast but we went to the singing kettle café £5.50 for a large yummy breakfast and friendly people. I would defo recommend the harbour view for fish and chips omg beautiful thick fish to and the chips were wedges the best like I said we would stay again very clean and lovely accommodation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Recommended by a friend we were not disappointed. We stayed in Seabreeze near to the whalebones and we had a fabulous view if the sea. The room was clean and spacious and the building has been recently refurbished. Check in by text was easy. We had a slight problem with the bathroom door not closing properly and reported it, and someone came out straight away to fix it. We will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

mouldy walls, no toilet roll, no p trap on sink so room stunk of sewerage, no coffee tea milk or sugar, gaps in the doors of about an inch either side, had to ask for the broken toilet seat to be fixed and the bed sheets to be changed. hadnt been cleaned for atleast a year stay well away if you want a nice cheap room the hostel would be a better vacation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank hansonkeith19
DiscoveryAccomm, Manager at Discovery Accomodation, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

You booked our economy room at about £25 pppn which is one of our most popular rooms with 700 guests each year. None of the other guests found any of the problems you list, and we also checked the room after your stay.

The problem is you booked cheap and expected expensive and could not justify spending so little on your partner.

These are great value rooms for people who are on a budget, offering central accommodation at an affordable price.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

We stayed at the “ captains rest “ from 16/3/18 to 18/3/18 paid £142 for two nights (£71 a night) £28 for breakfast too. The place was nice and clean, and was cosy like a cabin. I had the full english breakfast, and had only one of everything - which would of liked 2 sausages and bacon. So I didn’t think it was value for money to be honest. So I won’t be staying with Discovery accomadation again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esther T