“Lunch”

The Star Inn The Harbour
Reserve with OpenTable
The Star Inn The Harbour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 227 Restaurants in Whitby
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We have now visited this restaurant three times and each time the food is excellent and the staff friendly and informative

1  Thank SBooth

Reviewed April 4, 2018

as it is called The Star Inn I called with my wife for a drink, Mistake , I asked for a Shiraz and a Chardonnay, I,m sorry we don't sell either by the glass, I was then told by the barman what the alternative was, I chose two drinks quite randomly, I expected a wine list, the sum total of the two was £20.90 the white wine was poured from a rather large bulk discount looking bottle, we then sat in front of the bar which was akin to a corridor, its not a place we will visit again, expensive average wine is not my idea of a social evening.

2  Thank David J
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Front of house staff a bit dour, they seemed rushed, although they did smile once we were friendly to them. Our serving staff were delightful, friendly and welcoming. Starters (scallops and belly pork) and ice cream sundaes were amazing and delicious. Chips (esp truffle flavoured) were superb. The pheasant burger was a bit disappointing - really it was a sausage meat burger flavoured with pheasant - perfectly pleasant, but a bit misleading! The setting is great - just by the harbour and near a large car park. The tables are not too close together and the feel of the restaurant is relaxed. I would definitely go again (we drove an hour for a special lunch) and would recommend.

1  Thank Matt_and_Wils_Mum
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Unable to go in February due to illness & finally got there in March. Booked on online and got a reminder on my mobile which is always helpful.
Greeted with such friendliness and courtesy - what a joy! Went early so we could have a celebration drink before the meal. I had a Prosecco cocktail (Twinkle, Twinkle) & hubby had a pint of local beer. Menus arrived so that we could browse whilst we drank.
Service was, without doubt, friendly, efficient and discreet - which I love!
Hubby had Shetland mussels in garlic to start which he made yum, yum, yum noises all the time he ate them! I had a delicious crispy hen's egg & salad - how on earth they can get the egg runny I really don't know. The salad dressing was delicious too.
Husband had lamb for his main course. Although they said it would be served pink it was only just pink and he would have eaten it much pinker than it was but nonetheless said it was lovely.
I had fish & chips (well you've got to in Whitby haven't you?) yum, yum, yum is all I can say!
We both had a glass of recommended wines and they went so well with our food.
They were happy to wait whilst we digested the two courses we had eaten so we could decide if we wanted dessert. And although I really, really wanted one I just didn't have the room. They very kindly brought me a Happy Birthday plate with fruit & chocolates on so I did manage to eat that with a coffee.
I love the seaside decor of the place - such attention to detail. There is an Ice cream Parlour attached to the bar area so if you fancied a coffee and ice cream you could pop in there but there are only a few tables.
Will we go back? You bet! Another feather in Chef Andrew Pern's cap we have to say.

2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Called in on spec' as our group of 6 were thirsty after a 3 hour trip to Whitby. The staff quickly agreed to seat us for drinks only and soon a table was ready for us. We had some lovely hot drinks and a glass of prosecco for our birthday girl.
would have loved to stay for food but we were on a quick day visit and the menu looked was one to savour for a long time..

1  Thank dstanley_9