“Very tasty takeaway”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Had a beef curry and boiled rice with prawn toast as a side order. The meals are really big and taste lovely. Meat was soft and plentiful. Rice was a bit stodgy but tasted really nice

Reviewed March 24, 2017

gorgeous food and big portions, very tasty would highly recommend . Very friendly people and only waited 10 mins for our order.

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

We were in Whitby for a couple of days and decided to visit. What a mistake!! The restaurant was absolutely freezing to the point that the staff plugged in an electric heater. We opted for the set meal for two, which once we saw the portion sizes, at £30 was expensive and definitely overpriced. The food was piping hot but bland, flavourless and tasted like no other Chinese food we've ever had. The sweet & sour sauce tasted, like what I would imagine washing up liquid tastes like and the (suspect) beef in black bean sauce was chewy and tasted like gravy granules. The bad reviews on here are definitely accurate, save yourselves some money and the following day in the loo and avoid at all costs!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2017

Me and my partner came here on Saturday night for dinner. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to it seeing the reviews on here beforehand, however decided to give it a try.
I'm glad we did try as our food was very nice and I would happily go back again.
The only let down was that we had a very very long wait for our food, around 45 minutes just for our starter. I did note the lady on the phone was advising customers of a 1hr wait on collection of take away orders, however given we were the only customers in the restaurant itself I was slightly disappointed to wait this long behind a que of takeaway orders.
Overall the food was very nice, the portions were large (me and my partner barely touched our rice) and the lady serving us was nice and friendly.
I would return here again on the basis of the food, however would look for improvement on the time.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

came for an impromptu takeaway. we had cottage about 200m away and picked it up on the way home. ordered chicken chow mein, kung po chicken, fried rice and chips. not very imaginative but an order we are familiar with. the wait was fine and we recieved our food relatively quickly. the chips were good. not much space to go wrong there the fried rice was good too. the chow mein and kung po however seriously lacked seasoning. my husband (who ordered the chow mein) eventually gave up and just threw his in the bin. mine was ok though, after a small sprinkle of salt. overall ok. just make sure you are prepared to add your own soy sauce for flavour.