Falling Foss Tea Garden and Waterfall
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Hidden Gem

A beautiful little cafe in what seems like an enchanted forest ! Called today for a lovely Hot... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
755traceys
Doncaster, United Kingdom
via mobile
Tea, cakes & walkies - perfick!

Fairytale setting .. a sylvan scene, with old cottage & a waterfall in beautiful wooded valley... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
Deb G
Whitby, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Whitby
from US$58.00
from US$444.40
from US$51.50
More Info
All reviews cakes car park midge hall woodland walk under cover covered seating bacon roll beautiful woodland carrot cake walking boots play area coast to coast walk crisps lovely setting little gem lovely walk hidden away
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Absolutely loved this place in the middle of Littlebeck Wood. It's not a traditional tea room (as some guidebooks say), but it's even better, in my opinion - an outdoor tea hut surrounded by a collection of picnic tables, with a loo, and parking close by. I stopped here with a friend in August on the last day of the Coast to Coast walk. It was a perfect respite in the middle of Littlebeck Wood - a charming place to stop in a magical-seeming surrounding. The tea was delicious, the staff was super friendly, and the menu was ample - and all of this in a gorgeous wood next to a waterfall. Even if we hadn't walked right by it, I would have gone out of my way to drive here and stop for tea - the location is unbeatable. Absolutely worth the stop, whether you're on foot or in a car. Can't wait to come back!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank qalicious
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely walk through the woods from falling Foss tea room to May Beck and back, needed wellies, thoroughly enjoyed it

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank rsymonds2266
Reviewed November 2, 2017

There is a house which doubles as a cafe next to the falls. It sells tae, coffee and food in a basket at very reasonable prices.
In the warmer weather the walks would be fantastic bit muddy otherwise.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

We did the walk to see Falling Foss from Littlebeck. It was an enjoyable if muddy, slippy walk due to the rain in the preceding week.
It was always our intention to have a coffee at this tea room but I was not sure what to expect if it was indeed in the forest. Well....I did not expect it to be so beautiful and magical, I really loved it there. If I lived nearby it would definitely be a place we would visit regularly.
We were still full from our breakfast so we could only fit in a cake with our coffee's. They were all delicious, you could tell they were all freshly made.
I could imagine that on a sunny day it would be even nicer.
Recommend a visit and try the cakes!

3  Thank Steph065
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Visited falling Foss it was quite busy but worth a walk out. The car park was full but we managed to find a spot. There is a tea room disappointed at paper cups. It's not a proper tea room. It's more a hut the tea was nice just not the paper cups.