All reviewsthe main hotelfour poster bedolde worldelovely old buildinglots of characterkipperscar parkingfirst classfull englishtown centresmoked salmonlarge roomplenty of choicestayed for one nightweekend breakbreakfast was excellenttoast
Reviewed May 4, 2015

me and my wife booked this place last minute 2/5/15 ,we stop in whitby at least twice a year and always liked the look of bagdale when we walked past it,we wasn't disappointed ,we stopped in the annex room number 12 ,lovely four poster bed,large walk in power shower lovely and clean.
breakfast was nice and also the service,the hotel also as a cosy little bar which we found ideal to finish the night off .
in my opinion this is the best place to stop in whitby and will be returning here very soon.

Room Tip: book a room in the annex
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank steve47Sheffield
Reviewed May 1, 2015

A party of nine ate here and the food was fantastic. The setting is unique and service very good and efficient. I had the smoked haddock which was exceptionally tasty. Starter, main and drinks £30 which i felt very reasonable for quality. Will be back and recommend.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank boro1
Reviewed May 1, 2015

Ideal location near bus and rail stations and the harbour with good parking. The staff are more than helpful and make you feel special. The restaurant has a new chef and is proving very popular. Prices are quite high but food is high quality dinning. We stayed in room 33 in the Lodge and it was ideal. The location is fantastic and if you don't like hills and have limited mobility this is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terrytrumpet
Reviewed April 29, 2015

Stayed here for 1 night in May 2014 as part of myself and my newly wed wives honeymoon road trip of the UK, found the place to be quite nice and quaint, with friendly helpful staff.

We stayed in the lodge I think? (the part at the top of the hill) and had a really good view out of the window in the bedroom of the ruins of the abbey, as we were at the front of the building facing outwards. The room was nicely decorated and very clean, so no complaints there, the only thing that let it down was the fact that it was away from the main building and up a reasonably steep hill, for myself and my wife this was no problem really but could see elderly or disabled people finding this troublesome! There was the bonus though that our car was parked right outside, so didn't have to lug our stuff up the hill!!

We had dinner in the main hall and found it to be ok but nothing special, I had the nut cutlets and found them to be a tad over done, but the service was good.

Overall a nice hotel in a decent location with nice well kept rooms and good staff, food is average, but rating is based on our presonal overall experiance, the layout of the complex and lackluster food means only a 4 but would deff recomend and go back :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meon303
Reviewed April 28, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend to celebrate my wife's 50th with friends. A super hotel with excellent service. It was a very busy weekend but they coped with no stress and lots of smiles.
We paid for a package that included the evening meal and again was not disappointed with either quality or service.
A splendidly run hotel and one I will visit again for a weekend in Whitby

Stayed: April 2015