All reviews the main hotel four poster bed olde worlde lovely old building lots of character car parking kippers first class town centre full english smoked salmon large room plenty of choice stayed for one night weekend break breakfast was excellent toast
Reviewed June 21, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a family trip. We were in the lodge. The room was clean and lovely however rather on the small side (when sitting to do your hair the other person had to climb across the bed to get to the bathroom).
Breakfast again was okay but not amazing. One of our party ordered scrambles eggs that were luminous yellow and so rubbery that they were not eaten and the poached eggs were undercooked.
The staff were lovely as were the grounds and hall, and having parking was an added bonus! However I don't feel it was worth the £90 per room for one night.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessiccarr
Reviewed June 18, 2015

My husband visits Whitby regularly to work, and has regaled me with stories of how nice it is at Bagdale Hall. Last week I had the opportunity to finally see this hotel for myself, and I was not disappointed. It really is lovely. We stayed at Number Four, in a room with a comfortable four-poster bed and a really impressive bathroom. It was just a few steps away from the main Hall, where we had the most delicious breakfasts every day (and no need for lunch after their Full English!) and a very nice Sunday roast.

Alison and Mike were so friendly and welcoming, it felt like a real home-away-from-home. I would recommend Bagdale Hall to anyone visiting Whitby.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jubjubbird
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

Not having been here for years, my partner and I booked on a Friday and were delighted with a free bottle of rose. The waitress was lovely and friendly and the food excellent. A rare night out together due to work commitments and children- well spent. Will definately return and recommended to friends

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lucy585
Reviewed June 1, 2015

We booked for a Monday night. Allocated a room in the lodge just up the hill. Nice room, as you would expect. Pay more for the 4-posters in the main house. Central to Whitby and it has PARKING!!. Not to noisy, nice breakfast in the morning but I wonder if they could provide local 'Whitby' sausages rather than the processed supermarket ones. We enjoyed our stay and would return. One small point for the owners - the mass of Seagull 'poo' around the entrance to the lodge is a little bit of a turn off. A regular spray down with a power wash would be a good idea. Also, the front (not used) door to the lodge would look lovely with a new coat of paint. Very nice staff, very friendly.

Room Tip: If you wish to have the four poster bedroom you must expect to pay the additional tariff. The rooms in the lodge are fine and as you would expect for the price being charged.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth111
Reviewed May 27, 2015

A real gem of a hotel. It felt opulent staying here. We really pushed the boat out and booked a four poster suite - it was so nice we actually chilled in the room lots. Also very romantic. The food was excellent as were the staff who would go out of there way to ensure you have a great experience. Very highly recommend this hotel plus if you stay in the Winter months you can get two nights for the price of one plus Whitby is quieter!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple