“Nice Relaxing Cafe”

Ranked #10 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cranberry Swamp is a cool stylish licensed restaurant located at 24 Skinner Street, Whitby. We specialise in gluten-free food but do offer a choice of bread for those of you who love your toast! Gluten-free does not mean Fun-free! If anything the flavours & textures of our meals are enhanced by the richer, more wholesome and varied ingredients used. (We're open 7 days a week from 8am to about 4.00pm-ish). We have a range of delicious and alternative breakfasts as an antidote to the 'Full English.' i.e. Avocado & Bacon on toast, beautiful porridge and gorgeous House Kedgeree and, the by now famous, Mex Eggs. There are also a wide range of light meals served throughout the day including vegetarian options, daily specials, and a cake counter stocked with tasty delights.
Reviewed 15 September 2016

This cafe is slightly off the beaten path, but very close to all the B&B's. The interior 'retro' design (cafe & toilets!) is brilliant. Everything from the furniture, the soft furnishings and the wallpaper took me back to my childhood (60-70's). All this along with all manner of tea's, coffee, other beverages and food, what is not to like. My wife and I had a relaxing half hour rest there for cake & coffee. Good prices and lovely staff too. Thanks.

There are newer reviews for Cranberry Swamp Gluten-Free Cafe

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Great Coffee. Great Cake. Quirky retro decor. Attentive service. This place is great for a relaxing break from exploring the town. I will be back to explore their menu further as I only stopped in a couple of times for an afternoon pit stop.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We stayed in Whitby for the night and needed to find somewhere for breakfast...luckily we stumbled across the Cranberry Swamp! We had two teenage kids with us so it was always going to be difficult to impress but the staff were fabulous and very accommodating! Between us we went for the pancakes, bacon rolls and kedgery and all of them were perfect. They make a fabulous coffee too. This place is off the Main Street / waterfront on a bit of a backstreet (Skinner Street) but worth finding!! You'll not be dissapointed.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

My favourite place for eggs Benedict. But, surprise, surprise the most amazing Mexican tacos, I highly recommend this especially the cauliflower cheese and the green rice. When you get fed up with fish and chips or pub grub ( which can be great by the way especially the Magpie) this is the place to be. You come away happy and chilled, without feeling bloated ! It's just a shame it's only available on a Friday and Saturday evening. Make your bookings in advance because this is only going to go wild ! Once I post this ! I hope they can cope !

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We came hear for a coffee in the morning and a quick bite to eat, we weren't disappointed. My partner had the scrambled egg on gluten free bread and I had the Mexican eggs. I genuinely can't fault the food, was perfect. Would highly recommend to anyone passing by.