Our first time in this hotel , A little disappointing in some parts of the hotel ,room very plain ,,, And please be so carefull getting in and out of the bath tub , My wife fell getting into the bath , the bath needs something to hold onto to get in and out of the tub ( very high ), our room was 303 .
The hallways looked more like a hospital corridor very clinical ,not paintings or anything on the walls ,
The good part was food was very nice and the staff very friendly ,
If honest not sure if we would go back ,
Only done a few reviews but have done a lot of hotels in our time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views of the Minster and the city’s ancient walls the Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an enviable central location as York’s only five star hotel. Built in 1906 as one of the great railway buildings of York, the hotel’s graceful Edwardian architecture is complemented with fine dining and a luxurious spa complex that features an indoor pool and treatment rooms. All 107 guest rooms are individually designed and furnished to an extremely high specification, creating an indulgent yet unpretentious environment for both leisure and business travellers. And private dining facilities, an open air roof garden and elegant function rooms, provide a plethora of unique options for events and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel York
- Cedar Court Grand Hotel And Spa