1,933 results
All reviews york minster taxi rank kedgeree dch restaurant valet parking is minster bells lovely hotel perfect location eggs benedict no air conditioning breakfast was excellent visiting york small room booked this hotel family room train station within easy walking distance
Reviewed October 26, 2016

The building that houses the Best Western Dean Court Hotel was built in 1865 to house the clergy of the York Minster which is just across the street. Skillful remodeling has created a comfortable, convenient hotel in what has to be the best location in York. The bells of the Minster ring out as one takes a short walk the The Shambles or only a bit longer one to the Railroad Museum. Excellent restaurants are close by and the hotel's own restaurant is quite good. Staff are excellent, willing to help in any way they can.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Dear Roger H,

Thank you for your lovely review, we do have a fantastic location, with everything on our door step, and us overlooking the Minster. The bells are on strike at the moment but thats another story !!! Glad you found my staff to be excellent they do genuinely have a willingness to provide a friendly yet professional service.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

stayed there for 2 nights and got to say it was great the staff were brilliant couldnot ask for more.
The breakfast was amazing with the restaurant staff faultless
Location for me was fautless
the room how ever was quite small, had a fair bit of dust on the lights and bed side cabinet and the bathroom shower area was in need of a bit of love and also the window in bathroom was very ropey.
also my room was above or alongside a air con compressor i think and a constant drone did get quite annoying
but all in all would go again

Room tip: ask for room size as mine was tiny
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear JasShell,

Thank you for your review, I am saddened to read that you found "dust" in your bedroom, this should certainly not happen and will be "dealt" with ! On a brighter note I appreciate your comments about my brilliant staff and your amazing breakfast. Lets hope we do see you again?

Reviewed October 25, 2016

We stayed in the Dean Court Hotel for a wedding in Yorkminster so location was perfect. Our room was decent and surprisingly roomy for an old building. Staff were extremely friendly and always willing to assist.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Dear Laycock,

Thank you for your recent review I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and my staff were friendly and willing to assist. I hope you had a great time at the wedding, the Minster is certainly a fantastic venue to get married in.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed October 20, 2016

You couldn't get a better location in York, right next to the Minster, even without that this hotel would score highly. The staff throughout the hotel are unfailingly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I booked a 'compact double' room but got upgraded to a standard double, this was nicely decorated with all the amenities you expect: lovely bathroom, tea, coffee, fridge with water, bath robe, choice of pillow etc. Although it was at the back of the hotel, this didn't bother me as I only staying one night and was out and about shopping and exploring York. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent, I can highly recommend the white chocolate mousse, I was also given a couple of canapes to taste (a nice touch). Breakfast was equally as good, cereals, fresh fruit, full english - check out the website for the full menu there is too much to list here! They also put a note with the weather forecast for the day on your table so you know if you need an umbrella - which the hotel provides. It is these little extra touches which make this hotel special, I am only sorry I didn't stay longer - next time I will.
It is within walking distance of the station and the centre of York with everything it has to offer is on your doorstep, what more could you ask.
The hotel will store your luggage if your room isn't ready and take it to your room, check out time is 11am but again they stored my luggage until the afternoon.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Sandra D
DeanCourt, Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2016

Dear sandix26

Thank you for writing a review following on from your recent visit to the Dean Court Hotel. It is fantastic to read that you had such a great stay with us and you really seem to have identified some of the extra little things that we do, I have worked and visited in many other hotels and not come across one that applies itself quite so much in its customer service as we do here at Dean Court and I feel somewhat privileged to be part of a team with this mentality. It does seem during your stay that the location, food, room quality and indeed the customer service have all been well received and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Steve Bailey