Celebrated my husband 40th birthday here. We live close to York and as we knew the weather was going to be quite bad/snowing we didn't want to risk travelling too far from home.
I had heard in the past how nice this hotel was so I thought it would be a good opportunity to stay there and I am so glad we did.
From the initial check in (we were early but the room was ready) to the final check out we were treated so well. The staff are very courteous and their service to us seemed very natural.
We stayed in the main house and it felt like we were staying in a stately home - lovely.
Breakfast was good with heaps to choose from. Would definately go back and recommend it to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York