3,182 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good place to stay but like so many hotels why allocate rooms near the function room and disco to guests who are not going to the party.

May not sleep tonight........

• Stayed: January 2012
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased that you enjoyed another great stay here and found the breakfast excellent.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here for the second time as a family of 4, 2 adults a 10 year old and a 2 year old.
Hotel is in a good location, about 10 minutes walk from the station, even though it is the other end of York, it was only a short walk really.
Firstly, as we found the first time round, the staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. I have never stayed in a hotel, certainly not this side of the US where staff are so very very helpful and polite - reception, bar staff, restaurant and room service. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them and every request we made (lots of filling up the baby's cup with milk, steralising bottles when we came first time etc.) was always met with efficiency and politeness.
Breakfast is fantastic, you can fill up for the day quite easily!
The room was slightly disappointing I have to say. I didn't think it was quite so small on our first visit but maybe that was because our youngest wasn't moving around by that point. We had a double double and if you were 4 adults, you would've been very very cosy.
However, it was spotlessly clean and well serviced during our stay.
Disappointed that not enough towels were provided for the amount of guests and that only one set of shower gel / shampoos provided for 4 people...However, once contact was made with housekeeping our requests for extras were speedily and politely met.
We ate room service both nights - the first night the food was amazing, remember that kids eat free with any adult meal (we love this about the Hilton), but the second night was not so special. Different chef we presume.
Moans aside, I would absolutely stay here again, I wouldn't chose anywhere else to stay in York. It is a lovely hotel with magnificent staff, who make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: We had a view of a brick wall (!), so ask for a room with a view... Be prepared for the double doubles to be on the small side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vikian21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the customer service you received to be excellent, the rooms to be comfortable and you also enjoyed a fantastic breakfast . It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I have passed on your kind comments to all of my staff as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back to Hilton York in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Recently spent the evening at Hilton York, December 2011. We had a 'Double Double Room', 2 Double beds. Got a good offer. £80 per night incl Breakfast We are a family of 2 adults and 2 Children (10 & 13).

The hotel is in a very convenient position right in the heart of York. Parking is available at extra cost underneath the hotel. Thought the cost was expensive £15. But in hindsight it wasn't as we never used the car from when we arrived at 1pm and then left again at 5pm the following day. You can park across the road, but it's not that much cheaper and it is outdoors. It snowed when we were there - so we didn't have to clear our car.

The room was small but adequate for an overnight stay. We turned the radiators up when we got there, and when we got back after an afternoon of Christmas Shopping it was boiling!

The Bathroom is tiny which wasn;t great, but manageable.

The breakfast was very good plenty to choose from. There was a lady cooking fresh fried and poached eggs which were delicious! I also need to say that she was very friendly and should be commended on this.

We had Dinner in a Mediterranean Restaurant across the road. Middle of the road cost I would say. They were great with the kids too.

Have stayed here before and I do believe that this is the most convenient and comfortable hotel to stop in York.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaylover06
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had good stay and enjoyed the location and found the breakfast to be great.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Just had a weekend away at the Hilton in York.
Location - Brilliant!
Car park - secure, not too pricey.
Breakfast - the best I've had at a hotel, huge selection, really good quality, must add as well that the staff were really polite and helpful in particular Michael - front of house.
Room - clean, tidy, modern, good facilities, my only grumble was neither myself or my fiancee slept well and this seemed to be due to the bed. Also, our radiator made a constant knocking for around an hour each morning. Also, our room could have slept four, two in the double bed and two on a sofa bed. The room really would be a squeeze for four, but was more than enough for two.

Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to read your feedback regarding your stay and pleased that you found the Breakfast to have a huge selection and my team to be polite and helpful.

I have passed your comments on to the Maintenance Manager who is taking the necessary corrective action to resolve the situation.

I am pleased that you would recommend this hotel and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

just stayed at this hotel with my family,,i have never been to a hotel were the staff are as helpful as they are at this hotel,not just helpful.they make you feel very welcome,from valet parking to reception porters and bar staff,i would recommend this hotel to everyone,it is central to everything,,there was only one problem that we had a that was the size of our room,it was a double double,and was supposed to be big enough for four adults,it wasnt,it was a very small room and bathroom,a bit of a squeeze for me my husband and two older children,but overall a great hotel,,well done hilton york the best hilton we have been to,

Room Tip: book your breakfast when you book room,the breakfasts are fantastic,
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay and found my team very helpful and welcoming.

My team work hard to ensure we deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion it was no exception.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.