3,249 results
All reviews clifford's tower two double beds car park excellent location castle museum central location reception staff breakfast was excellent stayed for one night short break valet shambles pubs minster
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We arrived at the Hilton and used the valet parking service; the same member of staff assisted on arrival and checkout and was very polite and helpful. We were too early to check in so left the luggage in the car and went to explore York which is right on your doorstep.
Our room was clean and comfortable with two double beds and the usual facilties. We rang Housekeeping for extra pillows and received the quickest response from the fabulous Shirley (I think that was her name?). She noted we had children with us so kindly added extra towels to our request. I haven't experienced service like this since travelling in Dubai ... what a star!
We had been advised at check in that there would be a function in the hotel that evening and that we may experience noise until midnight. This was the case but really didn't impact on our stay too much.
Breakfast was very enjoyable with good choice and quality of food. Again the staff were very attentive and catered to our every need.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel instead opting for Loch Fyne within close walking distance of this well located hotel.
All in all I am very satisfied with our stay. Would we stay again? Yes BUT I would check if there was a function on before booking ... I do like peace and quiet!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I am pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and received excellent customer service from Shirley in Housekeeping, I will be passing on your comments to her and the rest of the team as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

This was my second time staying in the Hilton York. Great location. The room is not the luxurious type but it is clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast - good selection and good service. From my past experience, if the room is on the side street where the pubs are, it could get noisy late at night as people came out of the pub. This time my room faces the Clifford's Tower and noise was not an issue (also gave me a very nice view!)

I recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good place to stay but like so many hotels why allocate rooms near the function room and disco to guests who are not going to the party.

May not sleep tonight........

Date of stay: January 2012
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased that you enjoyed another great stay here and found the breakfast excellent.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here for the second time as a family of 4, 2 adults a 10 year old and a 2 year old.
Hotel is in a good location, about 10 minutes walk from the station, even though it is the other end of York, it was only a short walk really.
Firstly, as we found the first time round, the staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. I have never stayed in a hotel, certainly not this side of the US where staff are so very very helpful and polite - reception, bar staff, restaurant and room service. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them and every request we made (lots of filling up the baby's cup with milk, steralising bottles when we came first time etc.) was always met with efficiency and politeness.
Breakfast is fantastic, you can fill up for the day quite easily!
The room was slightly disappointing I have to say. I didn't think it was quite so small on our first visit but maybe that was because our youngest wasn't moving around by that point. We had a double double and if you were 4 adults, you would've been very very cosy.
However, it was spotlessly clean and well serviced during our stay.
Disappointed that not enough towels were provided for the amount of guests and that only one set of shower gel / shampoos provided for 4 people...However, once contact was made with housekeeping our requests for extras were speedily and politely met.
We ate room service both nights - the first night the food was amazing, remember that kids eat free with any adult meal (we love this about the Hilton), but the second night was not so special. Different chef we presume.
Moans aside, I would absolutely stay here again, I wouldn't chose anywhere else to stay in York. It is a lovely hotel with magnificent staff, who make you feel very welcome.

Room tip: We had a view of a brick wall (!), so ask for a room with a view... Be prepared for the double doubles to be on the small side
1  Thank vikian21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the customer service you received to be excellent, the rooms to be comfortable and you also enjoyed a fantastic breakfast . It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I have passed on your kind comments to all of my staff as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back to Hilton York in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Recently spent the evening at Hilton York, December 2011. We had a 'Double Double Room', 2 Double beds. Got a good offer. £80 per night incl Breakfast We are a family of 2 adults and 2 Children (10 & 13).

The hotel is in a very convenient position right in the heart of York. Parking is available at extra cost underneath the hotel. Thought the cost was expensive £15. But in hindsight it wasn't as we never used the car from when we arrived at 1pm and then left again at 5pm the following day. You can park across the road, but it's not that much cheaper and it is outdoors. It snowed when we were there - so we didn't have to clear our car.

The room was small but adequate for an overnight stay. We turned the radiators up when we got there, and when we got back after an afternoon of Christmas Shopping it was boiling!

The Bathroom is tiny which wasn;t great, but manageable.

The breakfast was very good plenty to choose from. There was a lady cooking fresh fried and poached eggs which were delicious! I also need to say that she was very friendly and should be commended on this.

We had Dinner in a Mediterranean Restaurant across the road. Middle of the road cost I would say. They were great with the kids too.

Have stayed here before and I do believe that this is the most convenient and comfortable hotel to stop in York.

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank holidaylover06
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had good stay and enjoyed the location and found the breakfast to be great.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the near future.