3,206 results
All reviews clifford's tower two double beds car park excellent location castle museum central location reception staff breakfast was excellent stayed for one night short break valet shambles pubs minster
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Extremely helpful staff, rooms are tastefully decorated and clean. Out 2nd stay here and both have been very positive.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I am please to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel to have a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton York on a number of occasions over the past few months.

The hotel is very well located for a visit to the city, while being extremely easy to access by road. The main shopping centre is no more than a 5-10 minute walk away, as is the world renowned Minster.

The hotel rooms are well appointed and come complete with flat screen TV, desk area, hair dryer, ironing board (c/w iron) and tea & coffee making facilities. The bathroom while a little small, was functional and came with the usual toiletries that you find in most Hiltons.

The hotel restaurant is pleasant, with views of Clifford's Tower and the service is always friendly. The dinner menu is varied, if a little expensive for the size of portion. Breakfast is served in the same restraint as dinner, and is very good in terms of value and quality.

Note: If you are a Hilton Honors member let the hotel known on booking as you with them be offered a 3 course dinner, from a reduced menu at a cost of £20. Alternatively, you can select from the full menu by paying a supplement for some items.

There is an underground carpark that can be used, however be warned the cost of an overnight stay will set you back £17. There is a public carpark opposite the hotel that is cheaper to use, however you will need to get up early to renew your parking ticket as the overnight time period appears to finish at 8am.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Elwyn J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I am always delighted to read positive reviews from returning guests to the hotel as this is an indication that we are making an impact on visitors to the property.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed here Feb, loved the location and feel of the hotel. Was fantastic location for all the sights of york. Had great room with robes always a bonus.
Room spotless staff flawless in their roles have not stayed at a better hotel in york.

Only downer is off site car parking.

deffo would stay again

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the location fantastic for exploring York, and my team to be most friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in york at the end of January for our wedding anniversary. I have mobility problems but the location was perfect for seeing York and there are plenty of places to stop for drinks and resting. The Hotel overlooks the Tower and is very near the Yorvik and Shambles.
I booked online for the first time as I normally book the Hilton direct and was quite shocked when at the reception the Clerk said very loudly "Oh you are booked with ..in a slow pace.. Hotels.... Dot ... com!! I felt this was unnecessary! Also our room was much smaller and with no view what so ever! I Understand we may have got a room that was not sold but it appeared it was as though I was a second class customer, annoying as I like | Hilton s normally. I dont think it was up to Hiltons normal standard but due to its position just suitable. The breakfast staff however were extremly helpful and found me a table near the breakfast server due to my mobility needs and were very kind.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the tower which is pretty but on the side of a quiet road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was disappointed to read your feedback regarding the areas our services failed to deliver to your expectations. However, I was pleased to learn that you found the location to be perfect and the breakfast team extremely helpful, I will be passing on your comments to them as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again thank you for your review. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Hilton york comfortable rooms, handy for all amenities as only a short walk into centre

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple