3,182 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our family (two adults and two teenagers) had a very nice three night stay in a perfectly adequate two double bedded room. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. We only had towels for two people but a quick note to the housekeeping lady solved that little issue the next day.

The hotel Wifi is expensive, however certain UK mobile networks will allow free access to 'auto BT Wifi'.

I used to live in York so I knew how just how convenient this hotel is to all the tourist hot spots and the lovely bars and restaurants.

I would certainly recommend paying that little extra for the buffet breakfast, especially if you have hungry teenagers like us!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was pleased to read that you had a very nice stay and found the room to be very clean and nicely furnished and that you all enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have just returned as a party of 7 who visited York for half term and stayed two nights at the York Hilton. The hotel is in a super location just in front of Clifford's Tower so fantastic for the three boys in our party (ages 10, 7 and 6) . The staff at the hotel were outstanding. The breakfast was great and the waiting staff at breakfast even noticed that we were celebrating the 10 year old's birthday. They prepared some lovely pancakes (with absolutely no request or prompting) and they had added a birthday message and 10 candles. They sang happy birthday with us and the 10 year old was really thrilled. What kind and thoughtful staff. The hotel should be proud! We had two double-double rooms. The rooms are absolutely fine. Nicely decorated and very clean. Not much space but you don't need it for a couple of nights. The only niggle we had was that that room was very hot and we could not turn down the heating. We have stayed here previously and will definately stay again for the location, great staff and great breakfast :-)

Room Tip: We had a super meal at Delrio's up at Micklegate :-) Also, there were so many lovely activities around the city for half term. Even though we were on the 1st floor, the room was very quiet because it was at the end of the corridor. Our party stayed in room 160 and 360 - both good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you received excellent customer service from my team and that your stay was made extra special with my team acknowledging your son’s birthday. I am indeed very proud of my team and I will be passing on your comments to them.

I hope we the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night. As a family with 2 adults and 2 children we had a double/double room. The room had 2 double beds. Room was not very big for 4 people but was all that we needed as hardly spent any time in there. The room was very clean with tea/coffee. Reception staff were very pleasant. The breakfast buffett was very good with lots of choice: hot english breakfast, cold meats, fruit, cereal and pastries. There is only one thing I could say as a negative and that is outside the hotel doors there was a horrible smell of dirty sewers. All in all a nice hotel to stay in very close to the city centre.

1  Thank sophie13_10
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I appreciate your kind comments and am pleased that you found the breakfast to have lots of variety and the Reception team to be most pleasant. I will be passing on your comments to them as they serve as a great motivator.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Hilton Hotel York is an excellent choice for location, quality and service. Sited about 300 metres away from Clifford's Tower (the keep of York Castle, with this as the view from the dining room) you immediately feel in the heart of wonderful medieval York. The decor, room furnishing and courtesy of the staff are all first rate and breakfast surpasses the Yorkshire reputation for filling you up for the rest of the day! The quality of the both the traditional English and the continental breakfasts left nothing to be desired. We were more than happy with the quality of both our room and the bathroom.
Parking was fairly expensive but on site and under cover. York is a compact city and everything is within very easy walking distance of the hotel.
Despite being in the city the hotel was very quiet and restful. My only criticism was the lack of air conditioning. Although the weather was below freezing and we turned off the the heating in the room it was too warm overnight and would benefit from better temperature control.

1  Thank Barry P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found my team to be most friendly and that you also enjoyed the Hilton breakfast. My team work hard to ensure we deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion it was no exception.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

It was nice with friendly staff but the bathroom was very small and outdated which made it disappointing. The tv was set at a volume which made it inaudible

• Stayed: February 2012