All reviews caledonian travel a family run hotel city centre on arrival a small car park bar prices no lift friendly hotel single room railway station would recommend this hotel to anyone top floor full english poached eggs tea and coffee short stay nice breakfast
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Very clean, delicious breakfast, welcome coffee, only 10 min walk to centre, plus and most importantly we received the best customer service and care at this family run hotel I have ever encountered, above and beyond what I expected after leaving an item at the hotel, many thanks to all the staff for our lovely stay.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bev N
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

I had read reviews about the parking. I asked for specifics when I checked in, as it was already dark. 35 minutes later, I thought I was at the right spot after multiple turns and searches. Turns out in the light of day this morning I wasn't. Instead of saying "take a left," why not actually say the name of the street? Or print a map for your guests to make it clear?

That aside, the room itself was secure and comfortable. My TV did not work because of a bad cable connection but I didn't discover it until 10pm so I didn't bother calling the desk. But shower was great, room was dark and quiet for a good sleep. Breakfast was very good with hot and cold options.

Overall, I booked through TripAdvisor and got a great deal. It wasn't luxury but it was secure and clean. I actually would stay here again, but hope they can address the parking better to save first time guests frustration.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank LauraLeeTraveler
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Very friendly staff. The hotel is clean and well kept, also extremely good value. I was sharing a twin room for one night with my daughter and they even gave us a reduction in the price because the room was booked by a regular client (University of York). The hotel is also well situated for walking into the centre of town, and is very close to the train station. This was an ideal place for staying one night on business, and for my daughter who was going to an open day at the University.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2017

We had a three night stay with friends and were made very welcome at the hotel. All of the staff were most helpful and friendly. We relaxed straight away! Rooms were clean and had everything you need. Showers were good. The only downside was that the beds were extremely firm, as were the pillows, which doesn't suit some people. We could also hear another guest above us, who had a very bad cough!! We enjoyed time in the bar and lounge area in the evenings. Breakfasts were good with a nice choice to help you start the day. We would definitely return as the hotel was well placed for a walk into the city centre. We parked on the street in front, as the car park behind the hotel was small and difficult to access.

Room tip: Rooms with the bay windows are more spacious.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. We found it to be a charming and well run establishment. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The dining room is lovely and spacious and we really looked forward to our tasty breakfasts (the poached eggs were a treat!)

Trip type: Travelled with family