1,064 results
All reviews garden suite oxo restaurant hot tub outdoor pool separate dressing area eggs benedict dressing room walk in wardrobe mixed grill steam room quirky hotel honeymoon suite dvd player sitting area large bathroom lots of character breakfast was amazing
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Occasionally in life we are forced to do something different. Tried to book a Premier Inn for York Christmas shopping and everywhere was full. Tried booking.com and the Mount Royal was showing. Had a quick glance then booked it.
Well what a fabulous hotel this is. The place awes warmth and welcome. All the staff are helpful and attentive without being in your face.
We planned on Christmas shopping with a few drinks thrown in around York. We did a little shopping, drinking and eating but ended up back at the hotel way before we expected. Sick of the hustle and bustle of the city we sat in the warm and cosy Oxo’s bar. We chilled and unwound in the cosy bar and wobbled up to bed. Our room was cosy and comfortable. We slept soundly and went down to breakfast. I can honestly say I had the best presented full English I’ve had in years. The taste matched the presentation and again the staff were fabulous.
We’ll be back in the summer to try out the pool, spa and enjoy the gardens.
This is a hotel you can visit and relax in all weekend without even going into York.

Loved the place.

2  Thank Darren W
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight this week, paid £100 for bed and breakfast. The hotel is in a good location, only a 10 minute walk into the centre of York.

The room was certainly in need of TLC. The room was dust free but carpets were stained, and needed repainting due to chips and scuffs. The bathroom was also rundown with mold under the sink and a chipped bath. Free toiletries were provided but these were cheap and awful.

The breakfast however was beautiful and the staff were attentive and friendly.

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Beautiful hotel. Room lovely, best breakfast we have had in a hotel and that’s after staying at 5 star hotels. Staff so lovely and friendly. About 15 minutes walk to the shambles. The owner walking round making sure we were ok the personnel touch.
If we Visit York again will definitely book this hotel.

1  Thank valjohnson
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The main hotel was lovely full of antiques and the bar was a lovely place to be. Our room although an upgrade was in need of a refurb especially in the bathroom, rather tired. The hotel staff were all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was lovely and fresh with a good variety on the menu. Would stay here again as the location is good with parking.

1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Recently stayed here with my wife for two nights on a B&B basis. Having read other feedback I understand why there is a wide range of opinion. The first thing I can say I think without much contradiction is the levels of service and the breakfasts we experienced were excellent. Where I understand the variety of opinion, is the infrastructure. For example our room was fine and contained some nice touches including a tea caddy stocked with a range of teas and basket of toiletries experienced in the finest of hotels. However, we had no drawers or hooks to put clothes in/on and the bathroom looked as though it been painted by a keen DIYer who should not be trusted with a paintbrush. The carpets and curtains looked recent but the duvet cover was ripped and similar contradictions existed throughout the hotel - as someone who spends time in Premier Inn style hotels it was refreshing to stay in somewhere that is idiosyncratic. If I was in the game of giving advice; throw away the bedding and replace, strip back on all that cabling and switches which I think have been added over the years and just looks cluttered and for heaven's sake provide hooks and drawers. In reality would I stay here again and/or recommend to friends and family, I think I would.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple