All reviews chris and sue full english hospitable hosts attic room family room city centre stay there again fresh milk breakfast was excellent lovely couple a king size bed great place to stay set you up for the day minute walk lovely weekend cooked breakfast visit york
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to the U.K. for our 30th anniversary. Our stay in York was hosted by Chris & Sue Thompson at Heworth Guest House.

It was a wonderful stay in a very nice room with a wonderful breakfast and such friendly hosts. They were eager and willing to help us discover York. It was our first trip and it was wonderful in part due to our stay at Heworth. We will be back to England, York and Heworth!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JTDEN
Reviewed July 2, 2016

super service5 star, very friendly and helpful owners would recommend to anyone visiting York. a pleasure to spend a weekend break in relaxed and pleasant surroundings. good transport links near buy can leave the car and enjoy the sites. would stop there anytime we are in york.

Room Tip: any room is super
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mick W
Reviewed June 17, 2016

When I am working in York I always stay at the Heworth Guesthouse. Fast Wi-Fi, great breakfast, friendly host's. Car parking has never been a problem then after check-in I am given keys for the house so I can come & go as I like.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank FoxyDarlingtonUK
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Hosts were very welcoming and friendly. The room was beautiful with en suite shower. Towels were super soft! Freshly cooked breakfast on the morning which was lovely.
Overall, had a lovely time there even though the shower was a little squeaky and dripping throughout the night. However, the hosts were getting this fixed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2016

The Heworth is a great place to stay in York. Nice, clean rooms. Very pleasant proprietors. Good value. Proximity to town. On-street parking right around the corner. Fabulous breakfast - easily the best of the many places we stayed around England. We\'ll go back and will encourage anyone going to York to do so as well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family