1,867 results
All reviews costa coffee great location car park city centre train station windmill pub meal deal micklegate bar air con good nights sleep just round the corner railway museum budget hotel family room minute walk reception staff main building
Reviewed December 11, 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, I love the Premier Inn beds. The staff was nice and professional, the room clean and in order, overall the stay was good.
Also is very close to both train station and the city centre, so we were very happy.

Only negative point, the heating during the night lowered automatically, and we woke up in a cold room. The fact that outside was snowing and this was one of the coldest weekend in England didn't help at all. I had to woke up and raise the heating again.
Same issue with the water, during the shower it kept lowering the temperature and I had to constantly turn it up again.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there with my girlfriend.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Overall very good service, the location is perfect, 15 mins walking from the train station and from the Shambles. Clean room and bathroom, professional and helpful receptionist :) the only issue was the room temperature, that was going back on 17 degrees in the morning, which is pretty cold. The room temperature can be adjusted but again, after a while it went back to 17 even if I changed it to 20-21. Same for the water, during a shower the temperature was going up &mostly down.
Breakfast was worth the price, is a buffet either full/continental for 6.99/8.99£. Some of the food was on room temperature but overall very tasty and with great variety.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at this PI. On the whole I would say I was pleased with everything. The room was clean & comfortable although there were a few random cobwebs & the heating/ cooling controls were slightly confusing. A heard of elephants seemed to be running around at 3 am in the room above us,not surprisingly this woke me up so I didn’t sleep very well but this is no fault of PI
Check in was quick & efficient but we weren’t able to park in the attached car park as it was full. We had to park in the train station car park at a cost of £32!
We had breakfast in the Longboat( the attached restaurant )both mornings & ate dinner on the last night & we were very pleased. The food was very good & good value for money.
I would recommend this PI because it is in a good location & has enough facilities for a short stay,it’s just a shame about the car park.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant location just a stones throw from the railway station and just outside the city walls. Lovely hotel it’s only downside is the hotel is made up of different blocks so it won’t be as good when it’s raining as you are forced to walk outside.

Make sure that you know which hotel you are going to as bloom street north and bloom street south are different (but only a short walk apart) this hotel has its entry through Costs Coffee.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends